Losing too fast

Options
After I reached 130, with my 1200 net cal/day.. I started losing 2 lbs a week.. and now I check my weight and I lost 2.6. I don't want to put in the extra .6 yet. I'll confirm in the next 3 days if it keeps going down or stays the same. Keep in mind that I just finished TTOM.

I stopped going to the gym once I reached around 135-133 and I started losing 2 lbs/week. Doesnt make sense at all... I want to continue with a healthy weight loss cuz I'm scared I might gain it all back within a month of eating regularly.

Replies

• infosynth
    infosynth Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    I stopped going to the gym once I reached around 135-133 and I started losing 2 lbs/week.

You're probably losing muscle now. Why did you stop going to the gym?
  • Kissxx
    Kissxx Posts: 99
    Options
    laziness, school work madness and I was just too tired after a 12 hr shift at the hospital. I want to get back to the healthy habit. I dont want to lose muscle! I know its easier to lose muscle than fat cuz its only 600 cal/lb of muscle. Thanks for the heads up.. I will do some strength trainin right now.
  • tmarnold4
    tmarnold4 Posts: 1
    Options
    I wish I had that problem, CAn you give me an example of what a your meals and snacks are. My calorie goal is 1200 also. I'm trying to lose 12lbs
  • rocklion
    rocklion Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Basically, you're at a point where MFP may not be much of a help in trying to cut fat, gain muscle. I agree with the above poster, you may be losing muscle. And stopping going to the gym is not a good idea. If you get into a rut of not going, you may end up gaining back what you lost. The fact is, you are in a more scientific relm than what MFP provides. It gives some basics, but there's a lot more going on with your body now. It may say your net cals are this, but in all actuality, your net cals may be a lot more because your metabolism is a lot more than what can show up on here. What do you do at the gym? Is weights incorporated into your workout or just cardio?

I think right now, you're concentrating too much on how to stop instead of how to work with it. I would also consider going to the doctor for a checkup. There could be a possibilty of hyperthyroidism and your body is just burning too much because of that. Other than that, you need to do some research and look at how you can work with the problem instead of against it. Maybe you need to eat a bit more, maybe more weight training.
  • debbiequack
    debbiequack Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    Either that or try to just fit in a 30 minute walk a day? :) I'm not sure if you were asking for advice or not.

I'm really busy too, but somehow we have to prioritize our health :)

Best,

Debbie
  • pizzafruit
    pizzafruit Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    I thought that once you reach your goal, you can increase your calories to maintain your weight but you also continue to exercise for overall health.
  • Kissxx
    Kissxx Posts: 99
    Options
    I use to do cardio on elliptical and treadmill for 30 minutes. Then just another 30 minutes to work on arms, abs and legs. I'll start eating maybe 1400 cals and see where that takes me. It says for my height and weight my BMR is 1300 but you're right, that is just an estimate. I am content with my body now and not so much on the weight.

It's just been a really stressful 3 weeks. Time to get back to it before my college grad! I want to be more toned! Maybe I should have counted all those work while I was in a 12 hour shift but I trusted MFP too much about being a nurse is just lightly active. I do walk when I'm not exercising but I probably just think that its already included in my daily calorie burn so I dont put it in.

Morning: I usually eat 2 egg whites and 1 egg yolk. Piece of toast with cream cheese. Coffee with milk and sugar.
    Snack: Muscle milk light. Popcorn. Any fruit.
    Lunch: Chicken Breast or Fish filet with 1 cup of brown rice.
    Dinner: Salad with chicken breast or any protein.

Then if its not enough, Ill just eat like almonds or a soup.