88 cal brownie recipe question

Options
Mely
Mely Posts: 166 Member
I tried the brownie recipe (see previous post for details) and it was very good. Even my discriminating husband & kids liked them.

Are they supposed to be kind of gooey or maybe I put in a bit too much apple sauce? After the maximum baking time on the recipe, I inserted a sharp knife and it was clean, but when I cut it up, they were pretty gooey/chewy. I put them in the freezer and they were good like that, no need to defrost but just wondering if they were supposed to be that consistency?

Replies

• Mely
    Options
    I tried the brownie recipe (see previous post for details) and it was very good. Even my discriminating husband & kids liked them.

Are they supposed to be kind of gooey or maybe I put in a bit too much apple sauce? After the maximum baking time on the recipe, I inserted a sharp knife and it was clean, but when I cut it up, they were pretty gooey/chewy. I put them in the freezer and they were good like that, no need to defrost but just wondering if they were supposed to be that consistency?
  • johnsscarlett
    johnsscarlett Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    I've made them twice and yes that was the consistency. My husband like yours also liked them. I added walnuts 1/4 and this last time I actually just used 3/4 cup of the sugar and they were very good. I just thought they were a little sweet the first time. Hope this helps.
  • Mely
    Options
    great - so I made them right. I also thought they were a little sweet but was nervous that lowering the sugar would change the consistency and they wouldn't be good. How were they with a quarter cup less sugar??
  • johnsscarlett
    johnsscarlett Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    I actually like them better with less sugar. I have to admit I added a dollop of fat free cool whip and it made them even better, just a one tablespoon. very good!