Not sure about calories

amglover06
amglover06 Posts: 5
edited September 27 in Health and Weight Loss
Hi everyone, I am not sure how many calories I need to be eating each day. I've been living a healthier life style for about almost 3 weeks and I've basically been eating about 1200-1900 calories a day and working out. So far I've lost about 9lbs but when I got back on the scale this morning it said I was back up 4lbs. I have been very careful about the types of food that I have been eating (I'm also a pescatarian). I am a larger woman and I do have some health problems (I'm trying to avoid becoming diabetic) but I'm honestly not sure how many calories to eat. Could someone help?

Replies

• MrsCupCakeBoyle
    MrsCupCakeBoyle Posts: 259 Member
    Ive found it all depends on how active you are
  • Heatherbelle_87
    Heatherbelle_87 Posts: 1,078 Member
    MFP should have a pretty good setting for you if you chose the right activity level and are logging all your workouts, being pre-diabetic though (as was I) you need to focus on higher protein, vegetables and whole grains, and reduce your intake of processed foods and refined carbs, especially for the first 25 lbs to lose. This may make it seem harder to get all your cals once you start feeling how full you are eating those foods, but protein shakes & smoothies with protein powder will be a great option for you too

**Edit, you will need ALOT more protein the MFP estimates for you**
  • Pebble321
    Pebble321 Posts: 6,423 Member
    How many does MFP recommend?
    Put in your weight, age, activity level and let it do the work for you :)
  • amglover06
    amglover06 Posts: 5
    Okay, Thanks everyone!
This discussion has been closed.