Running App for Antroid

Options
I really want a running app for my android.

*wants*:

-not to eat up my battery (I have a LG Ally so, not the *best* phone
-track my miles (indoors as well would be great)
-post to my facebook

What would you suggest.

Replies

• Angela4Health
    Angela4Health Posts: 1,319 Member
    Options
    Runkeeper I have it and love it.'

Oh, and it's FREE!
  • henney16
    henney16 Posts: 288
    Options
    I use "mytracks" from the Android market. I'm not running yet, but I use it for walking to track my distance, time, speed, etc. I haven't used it to upload to any sites yet, just for me to keep track of it. So far I like it. You can record your "tracks" and it will give you all the info above as I mentioned, plus plot out your route on a map.
  • miovlb6
    miovlb6 Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    I also use Runkeeper and love it. As for your wants:
    1. I think it's not terrible on your battery. I frequently run at the end of the day when my battery has already started to run down. I use Runkeeper with Pandora in the background and I've never had the phone's battery die on me mid-run or anything.
    2. Runkeeper will track your miles and map out your route via GPS while outdoors. But my phone does not always get a consistent GPS signal indoors, so I don't know if you'd be able to use it to track distance on an indoor track. I've used it indoors on a treadmill a couple of times, obviously not to track mileage but for the "coaching" feature which I think is great.
    3. Runkeeper will post to Facebook. I don't use that feature, but I have friends who do. I think it posts your distance, pace, and a map of your run.

I've tried other apps including MapMyRun, Endomondo, and Cardiotrainer. I ended up sticking with Runkeeper because it seemed to offer the most useful features for me. But they're all free (or have free versions) so it wouldn't hurt for you to install a few and try them out to see what you like.
  • jacque1109
    jacque1109 Posts: 129
    Options
    I've tried cardiotrainer and it was too much of a drain on my battery... and confusing, the Adias app was confusing and a drain too.
  • DawniesLife
    DawniesLife Posts: 157
    Options
    I have tried several on my phone. I actually have RunKeeper Pro, Adidas miCoach and Endomondo on my phone. But my favorite by far is RunKeeper Pro, it is free, best user friendly interface, nice sync for online to show your routes, etc, option for a street team. I love it. It is what I use!
  • ModBird
    ModBird Posts: 3
    Options
    Hey Jacki

I love running too, try Runstar and iMapMyRun+ don't think they have had too much impact on phone battery too

Good luck