• littlelol
    littlelol Posts: 539
    Options
    21inches right

22 inches left
    does that sound big?
  • Oliversmummyx
    Options
    That's the same as mine......but yours look fab on your profile pic!
  • cmo1987
    cmo1987 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'4 I feel your pain, I have always had big legs- I have read many places that your predisposed to have majority of your fat there so it will take a long time to get rid of :(. I just wish I could wear shorts and not feel uncomfortable. It doesnt help that they are pale either
  • littlelol
    Options
    ive just uploaded some newpics so you may be able to see better. This profile pic is from years ago. yuk xx ha
  • littlelol
    Options
    <<<<<<<<<<<<< my stumpy chunky legs!!!!!!!!!!
  • AlexandraR2011
    AlexandraR2011 Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    I have the same problem! I have a bit of cellulite in my thighs which makes me super conscious in shorts. Seeing that its over a 100 degrees here makes it worse. I started running a couple of weeks ago and I'm starting to see a slight difference. I tried the elliptical but didnt see much of a difference in my legs or cellulite. Running has been the best for me. I try and do 1.5 miles a day. The best thing to do is intervals. Start walking to warm up and go up .5 every minute. When you hit the fast you can aka sprinting and go down .5 to fast walking.
  • natashaamee
    natashaamee Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'2" as well and most of my weight is in my legs at this point. I wear a size 10 jean, not because of my tummy, but my upper legs. SO FRUSTURATING. I know they will start slimming down around 18% body fat dramatically but with the hard time I'm having getting down it weighs on me. (literally). It's the dimpling that gets me most I think. I know it would all go away if I could just drop the weight.....

But alas, I keep on trucking. If nothing else, Im strong and have healthy habits. Working my way down slowly. I feel you!
  • ArtsieSarah
    ArtsieSarah Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    I absolutly love to ride my bike and it's a great thigh workout. I usually go to this resiviour by my house which is 5 miles long. And once I'm done my legs feel like rubber haha. But that's how I know I'm really working them out. It's also fun to ride with a friend or family member. Find someone who you can ride with and support eachother :) I go with my boyfriend and it makes a big difference.
  • Krystl89
    Krystl89 Posts: 3
    Options
    Hey there!

I can understand where you're coming from. I hated my legs and never ever wore shorts bc I was too embarrassed to show them. I am 5'3 and have always had bulky/chunky legs (most of it comes from my mother tho. I get it from her lol) Anyway, just this time two years ago, I was working out like crazyy (Pilates twice a day!) and for a good while too. It started slimming my legs! All I did was look up Pilates exercises for the legs and worked out 'till my legs muscles would burn. Give it a try if you haven't and good luck to you! Ciao!
  • natashaamee
    natashaamee Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'4 I feel your pain, I have always had big legs- I have read many places that your predisposed to have majority of your fat there so it will take a long time to get rid of :(. I just wish I could wear shorts and not feel uncomfortable. It doesnt help that they are pale either

One thing I do for myself to not feel like this is I go tanning. Obviously spray tan or the self tanner lotion is heathier for you, but I do UV once a week and the lotion after I shower. The firming tanning lotion is GREAT. I love it. And it makes me feel more put together.
  • MichelleDoll
    MichelleDoll Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    UGH, I hate my legs also. I'm 5'5" and my upper thighs and butt are the only thing I really don't like about my body. With p90x I can see the results on my stomach drastically change. I have noticed that my thighs look smaller but, not as big of a difference as my stomach. I think "ArtsieSarah" is on the right track, I'm going to try to bike ride at least an hour 3x a week. I love to ride my bike and I feel when I'm done that my legs have done some HARD work (I also think maybe I should try to add p90x's legs and back in every other day). Still rainy every now and again here in Oregon. :angry: