Biggest Weight Loser Smurfettes (blue team) 9/7

Options
Good Morning Smurfettes. I actually set my alarm to go this morning so I could get up and exercise and wouldnt you know Ciara got up an hour earlier than usual. So no exercise today. Oh well I guess I will take a break today if I dont eat like a pig at church today. Exercising last night was to hard to do. I like doing it first thing in the morning. I figure I would try and make me a breakfast around 1030 because church starts at 1100 and then afterwards is our potluck so maybe I wont eat as much then. Also I need to make sure I bring a bottle of 2 of water in the diaper bag. On the decoration they preach under the pines which is down the road from my house. Its probably about a 1/2 mile maybe a little more. I might try to walk down there which is fine.... its the walkinghome that will kill me cause its all uphill then. Then we eat outside also. ITs actually pretty nice. So they usually just have sodas and stuff like that to drink.

Ok enough about my morning. What is everyones plan for today. I was thinking maybe we should add an extra challenge into our week. I joined the Tarom challenge also.( Tie a ribbon around me) and our first week was to add no extra salt to anything this week. So what can we do.

Connie

Replies

• connieq288
    connieq288 Posts: 1,102 Member
    Options
    Good Morning Smurfettes. I actually set my alarm to go this morning so I could get up and exercise and wouldnt you know Ciara got up an hour earlier than usual. So no exercise today. Oh well I guess I will take a break today if I dont eat like a pig at church today. Exercising last night was to hard to do. I like doing it first thing in the morning. I figure I would try and make me a breakfast around 1030 because church starts at 1100 and then afterwards is our potluck so maybe I wont eat as much then. Also I need to make sure I bring a bottle of 2 of water in the diaper bag. On the decoration they preach under the pines which is down the road from my house. Its probably about a 1/2 mile maybe a little more. I might try to walk down there which is fine.... its the walkinghome that will kill me cause its all uphill then. Then we eat outside also. ITs actually pretty nice. So they usually just have sodas and stuff like that to drink.

Ok enough about my morning. What is everyones plan for today. I was thinking maybe we should add an extra challenge into our week. I joined the Tarom challenge also.( Tie a ribbon around me) and our first week was to add no extra salt to anything this week. So what can we do.

Connie
  • punka274
    Options
    Good Morning!

Today is a rest day for me!

Connie,I read your post last night about the muffins....i need to try them, just the thought of pumpkin in my muffin doesn't sound good:laugh: im not crazy about pumpkin anyway! But im willing to try them! Have fun at churck today and good luck avoiding the potluck food! I too hate working out at night....i try to get my workout in before 10am everyday! I will walk the dog in the afternoons!

I like the idea of a mini challenge every week! How about we watch our salt this week? Ive already added it on one of the things i watch everyday. Its hard to get it around 2500 mg's:ohwell: I always go over a little!

everybody have a a great day!
  • connieq288
    Options
    I have also added it onto my food diary also. That makes it so much easier to see where you are sodium wise. I know I was under yesterday. SO that is good. Ok so this week No extra salt. We can do it.

Connie
  • punka274
    Options
    I guess i have to make a new grocery list then:ohwell: i had two night planned with frozen dinners(smart ones) and i know those are alteast 700mgs a peice:grumble: .
  • abetterme
    Options
    Good Morning Smurfettes,

I haven't posted much since starting this challenge and I think I need to start cause I am not doing so well. I am lacking motivation to exercise and I am having trouble with me foods in the afternoon.

I am a SAHM, I have 5 boys and 1 girl the girl is the one still at home the boys are all in school this year, we also dairy farm so we do a lot of quick foods with things get crazy on the farm.

I have Walk away the pounds VHS & DVD's which I am trying to do but can't stand doing them when hubby is in the house. I only have 2 places that I can do them 1 is in the livingroom and the other is in the basement and it has a short ceiling so I have trouble doing some of the arm movements.

I need to go get kids ready for church thanks for listening/reading.

Lisa
  • punka274
    Options
    Welcome Lisa!:flowerforyou: I too am a SAHM, my hats off to you though with five boys,i have a hard time controlling the one i have,LOL!:wink: hes three, I also have a sweet little girl who is six! I know what you mean about working out with your husband home...i don't like to do it either! I dream of the day to have my own workout room to were i can escape the day,LOL. Glad to see you checking in...you will find all the support you need here...it hard but we can do it together!
  • abetterme
    Options
    Punka274

How long has it taken you to lose the 96lbs that you have lost? I need to lose about that so I was just curiouse.
  • punka274
    Options
    I started back in the summer of 05! I would lose thirty or so lbs then plateau for six or so months:angry: then i would find a new routine that would get the scale moving agian and go with it until the next plateau!

I came here frustrated with another plateau(been stuck at 188 for over a year) and the scale is FINALLY moving agian:bigsmile:

Good luck to you....its a hard journey,but your worth it:wink:
  • connieq288
    Options
    I am also a SAHM. I have 2 boys who are in school and one girl who is 13 months old. I find that I like to work out in the morning after I get the boys on the bus and before my girl wakes up. It is one of the only times I really can do it unless I wait until she takes a nap. I am the same way. There is no way I would do it in front of my hubby. I was doing taebo one day and my son was laughing at me. I guess it does look pretty funny when you get a huge woman trying to do it.

Punka.... I think if you ate those smartones you should be ok.. Just dont add any salt to it. No salt shaker for the week.

Abetterme.... I am glad to see you on here checking in. I find that I feel better if I just tell people how my day is going. We can give you the encouragement if you need it or just listen to you if you need to vent. I look forward to chatting with you.

Connie
  • punka274
    Options
    Thankgoodness,because i really like the convience of them! I really like the enchilada one...yummy! I had to do a step aerobic workout yesterday and i demanded(lol) all of the household to go the there bedrooms until i was done!:angry: after all,the workout is the one thing i do for myself so they can give me that time:happy:
  • abetterme
    Options
    Way to go punka, demand your time:happy: I think I will have to do that today, it is a nice day, a little cool but nice so I think I will send everyone to go outside. I have Walk Away The Pounds VHS and DVD's and I also have Biggest Loser Cardio w/ Bob and Power Sculpt with Jullian. Could someone help me figure out a routine PLEASE I seem to do better when I have to report to someone, sorry if this is to much for anyone just let me know but that is how stuck I am right now. THANKS
  • Fitness_Chick
    Fitness_Chick Posts: 6,648 Member
    Options
    Wanted to jump over and wish you all on the BLUE TEAM nothing but the best on your BL journe! :happy:

I'm a Purple Player myself but did want to wish you all well....challenges are very motivating aren't they...it's certainly not an easy journey..but it's sooooooo worth it!!

.....and we do it because we're WORTH IT:wink:

:drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker:
  • may_marie
    may_marie Posts: 667 Member
    Options
    hello everyone

its raining here today .. i wanted to go for a walk but i guess not... i'll do some of my stationary bike late,,,

i didnt do any work out yesterday. first time in 2 weeks.. i felt incredibly lazy. couch potato, i kept busy all day cleaning, wii fit ect... then in the evening me and my bf watch movies ect... i tough the couch was going to swallow me whole. i felt like i was wasting my life away ..lol...

it did help my muscle though .. my body was happy for a break... and eating less calories was a real pain !... so glad to be back to the gym tomorow ..

im happy to see that everybody is doing well.. im in with cutting back the salt, i find it hard too !!!
    today is the lowest salt day in a long time ... only 1.1 mg im normal somewhere around 2 and 2.5 mg

i'll yous know a little more about myself.. im not a sahm... but i do stay at home. im canadian that lives in the uk with my bf.. but im not allowed to work here yet.. my bf has a at home business.. i try to help him with that but i find it hard.. (its all about computers, im not too good, nor interested for that matter) but i do my best. but that means a lot of sitting around in front of a computer..

have a good sunday !
    may
  • pdxmomof2
    Options
    Good morning Blue Team! I have not posted alot outside of weigh in day. Since I am supposed to be the Team Leader then I had better start chatting a bit more with all of you, especially since I have not lost any weight so far on the challenge.

This weekend was a difficult one as it was my youngest son's 5th brithday on friday and his party on saturday. I ate things I should not have but stayed with small portions.

The exercise is the hard part for me. I keep hitting obstacles in my exercise journey. I have been watching my nephew all summer and he was finally supposed to go to preschool on the days I watched him....not for 2 more weeks! That was my time to myself to get back into an exercise routine! I am going to have to force myself to get to the gym in the very early am or at night. I dont like to work out at night :yawn:

I have been on weight watchers for almost 1 week now. That is easy. I have no problem staying within my points! Just need that exercise!

Good luck everyone! :flowerforyou:
  • jules1984
    jules1984 Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    Good morning (almost noon here) guys! I had my birthday this wednesday and I went a little over thinking I would have my cheat day, but I think celebrating last night was the real cheat day. :ohwell: I still don't feel too great. Its raining here too and actually I'm tempted to go for a jog once my stomach feels better. A little water never hurt anyone - its cooling right? Anyhow, hopefully I won't chicken out from a wet jog and I'll be grocery shopping later for sure - need my frozen meals to keep me on track at work. If I bring a frozen entree (for 2 dollars) I don't spend 5 - 8 dollars on taco john's or something else bad for me and my wallet.

I just hope it stops raining before tomorrow. I hate not biking to work. I work too early to get up any earlier and exercise - barely get enough sleep as is - I'm 24 I just can't justify missing all of my social life and going to bed much before ten... :happy: And once I'm home from work I just want to plop. I find if I don't use my commute as my exercise, I don't do it at all. :frown:
  • connieq288
    Options
    Way to go punka, demand your time:happy: I think I will have to do that today, it is a nice day, a little cool but nice so I think I will send everyone to go outside. I have Walk Away The Pounds VHS and DVD's and I also have Biggest Loser Cardio w/ Bob and Power Sculpt with Jullian. Could someone help me figure out a routine PLEASE I seem to do better when I have to report to someone, sorry if this is to much for anyone just let me know but that is how stuck I am right now. THANKS

I also have the Biggest Loser cardio and I do that one during the week. I have gotten through level 1 with Bob and some of level 2 with Jillian. She is kicking my big blue butt. I have ordered Turbo Jam, just need to get it in the mail and then on Wed I am going to try and Zumba at our Rec center here in town.

Connie
  • connieq288
    Options
    Ok I guess you could say today was my cheat day. I have no idea how to calculate my calories either. I had bear and deer meat. Corn and green beans and some chicken pot pie. I had about a bite of potato salad and half of a deviled egg but the worst thing was I ate some banana pudding. None of it was over the top. I had one of those rectangle plates that was divided into 5 sections and so none of it was more than a section. Just looking at all that sounds like a lot though LOL. I dont think I am even going to try and count those calories. I guess I will have to workout today though. I was going to take a day off because I havent taken one in almost 2 weeks. I feel so stuffed though. At least I brought a water with me to drink.

Connie
  • Sunibc22
    Options
    Mornin Team,
    Good to see some post from some more smurfettes today! Today is a day of rest for me. Staying within my 1200 calories is going to be really hard!! I've gotten so use to eating a bit more with my exercise calories! Good thing I slept in...that'll help me eat less before noon at least....lol. I've actually been pretty good this weekend. I only had 2 glasses of wine last night (instead of a bottle:laugh: ). An have been getting my exercise in to compensate.
    Well, hope everyone has a fabulous Sunday and looking forward to the weigh in this week!
    Shauna:flowerforyou:
  • punka274
    Options
    Ok I guess you could say today was my cheat day. I have no idea how to calculate my calories either. I had bear and deer meat. Corn and green beans and some chicken pot pie. I had about a bite of potato salad and half of a deviled egg but the worst thing was I ate some banana pudding. None of it was over the top. I had one of those rectangle plates that was divided into 5 sections and so none of it was more than a section. Just looking at all that sounds like a lot though LOL. I dont think I am even going to try and count those calories. I guess I will have to workout today though. I was going to take a day off because I havent taken one in almost 2 weeks. I feel so stuffed though. At least I brought a water with me to drink.

Connie

Good for you Connie...i wouldn't sweat the meal,sounds like you had it under control!

pdxmomof2- Good luck with WW'ers! I loved doing the program and lost around 30lbs with it! Really taught me the importance of portion and dietary fiber!
  • punka274
    Options

I also have the Biggest Loser cardio and I do that one during the week. I have gotten through level 1 with Bob and some of level 2 with Jillian. She is kicking my big blue butt. I have ordered Turbo Jam, just need to get it in the mail and then on Wed I am going to try and Zumba at our Rec center here in town.

Connie

Is the biggest loser cardio kickbox style workout? Just curious!