Jillian Michaels 30 day Shred, anyone tried it?

Options
Hello out there fellow MFPers. I was wondering if anyone has tried Jillian Michaels 30 Day Shred and what they thought of it? Let me know, I was thinking of going out and getting it but wanted some feed back first. Thanks all : )

Oh and if you have, lets be friends, I am curious about results. Any info would help... Thanks again.

Renee

Replies

• Remi79
    Remi79 Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    I tried it about a year ago, and just didn't have the motivation. I'm starting it again tomorrow! I'm going to keep with it too.

If you want to be friends, send me a request!
  • DanceMomCG
    DanceMomCG Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I was also thinking of getting this. I've been doing Insanity but it's truly not for me. Way too much impact on my knees with all of his jumping! Shaun T is crazy - which is probably why Insanity is INSANE! LOL Had heard somewhere that the 30 day Shred was milder than Insanity.

Input???
  • Remi79
    Options
    There's jumping jacks, crunches, push-ups, squats, a whole lot more, but like I said earlier, I haven't done it in a year. You do most of the things for 2 minutes at a time, then switch right into something ele. There's 2 girls that you can watch, one that does beginner levels or the girl that does them harder.
  • Xaspar
    Xaspar Posts: 726 Member
    Options
    When I get around to it, today will be day 11 and the start of the Level 2 workout ... VISIBLE difference already, but not going to post any pics until I have completed the entire program! LOVE IT!
  • rfcollins33
    rfcollins33 Posts: 630
    Options
    yep, I start level 2 today. It's awesome if you stick with it and give it your all. I've already lost a pretty good amount of inches and I'm so much more toned in my arms and abs already. I would def suggest it to you. It's cheap as well!!
  • JustBill
    JustBill Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    My wife is doing it right now - she's on Level 2, Day 13. She's kicking butt! I did Level 1 for one day just to try it... seemed like a nice workout. I might do it at some point as well, or just save it for rainy days when I can't get outside for my walk/run.
  • fireflyangel22
    fireflyangel22 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    I ordered it just last week. Still waiting for it to come in the mail. I've heard good things. I guess we'll find out together if it works for us! Hoping to start on Monday if it comes!
  • KristynStephens15
    KristynStephens15 Posts: 861 Member
    Options
    my day 30 was yesterday, i did 30 straight days and lost 9lbs and 12.5 inchs.
  • EmsyLou77
    EmsyLou77 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Yes, it's great. Really hard work but only 20/25 mins per session so it's feasible to do it every day. I only lost 2lb doing it but definitely lost inches - unfortunately didn't actually take any measurements but I know because of the fit of my clothes. On another forum I'm on lots of people report back that they don't lose weight but do lose inches.
  • atabt
    atabt Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    She does a lot of old-school exercises like jumping jacks and crunches, but I really like her style. It just goes to show you that the things that have always worked, still work. All you need are a couple of hand weights/dumbells. I use 1 kg weights which are 2.2 lbs. Am thinking of moving up to double that, soon. It's not an easy workout but you can go at your own pace a bit and work your way up. And it's only 20 minutes which for me means I have no excuses not to do it.

P.S. My NSV since starting? I used to wear a Spanx every day and have stopped!!! My abs are getting tighter and I have lost a few inches since starting 30 day shred about 3 weeks ago (I don't do it every day).
  • Remi79
    Options
    Those of you that do it, do you do it everyday? Or skip a day?
  • lgtahoe
    lgtahoe Posts: 96
    Options
    I just did level 1 this morning. It's a great short workout if you're crunched for time, but for me it's not enough to be my only workout daily. I plan to do some more cardio this afternoon. I've also done 1 and 2 back to back for a longer workout. It's 27 min, 5 of which is warming up and cooling down. It is very challenging, though, especially when you get to level 3!
  • swaymyway
    swaymyway Posts: 428 Member
    Options
    Completed it a week or so ago. It took me longer than 30 days though as I was only doing it every other day and I had to take a few breaks for various reasons and I am nearing the end of my weight loss journey so perhaps I am not the right person to ask - but I lost no weight and no inches doing it and wouldn't recommend it - plus I find her VERY annoying, not sure why I chose to do it at all lol
  • Kanzaki3
    Kanzaki3 Posts: 656 Member
    Options
    My main workout is Insanity. Since today is my day off from Insanity, I did 30 Day Shred. I like doing it when I don't want to do something that is high impact.
  • mosaix
    mosaix Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    I'm also starting it tomorrow!
  • rockthehourglass
    rockthehourglass Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Today will be day 2 of level 2 for me. Definitely seeing results but nothing mind blowing yet. I started out being pretty much a couch potato and it's helped me get into working out without killing me! I also walk about 40 minutes a day.
  • munozrd
    munozrd Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    I started day one yesterday. It kicked my butt but i liked it. If you want, add me as a friend. I would like to have someone to compare how I feel with it. Its intense but I think the outcome will be good. I do alternate with the gym and walking as well, because I don't want to get bored. Oh, and Zumba.
    It feels hard but, I am very overweight and had been doing nothing for months.
  • kuhristeee
    kuhristeee Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    I do it almost every day, and have been since February 24th. :) I would recommend it to anyone. There are 3 workouts, each one only 20 minutes long, so for me it was easy to squeeze in even at the end of the day.

Feel free to add me if you like! :)
  • MiniMichelle
    MiniMichelle Posts: 807 Member
    Options
    my day 30 was yesterday, i did 30 straight days and lost 9lbs and 12.5 inchs.

Great Results!!!
  • briar_rose
    briar_rose Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    I did it a few months ago and really liked it. I did it 30 days straight and lost 12 lbs plus a number of inches. It is hard to motivate yourself to exercise everyday but well worth the results. I will be starting ripped in 30 in a few weeks