TIp for busy people who struggle to log their food

Options
So I have come across a strategy that helps me out a lot, and I thought I would share. My daily life isn't super busy, just normal. But I have probably 3 or 4 days a week that I am usually too busy to log in everything, all day long. On those days I have a strategy that I use that has really helped me stay on track.

I used to tend to eat worse on those busy days when I was running around and didn't have enough time to keep track of what I was putting into my body.

So now when I know a busy day is coming, I sit down in the morning and plan out what I am going to have for the whole day. I log it into MFP, and hit the done button at the bottom. It only takes me about 5-10 minutes to do it, and then I can just concentrate on the rest of my day.

The best part is I have already made the 3 hardest decisions of the day..... what I will have for each meal. :-)

I know this is really simple, and probably other people out there already do this, but hopefully someone else will read this and it may help them.

Good Luck to all of you on your journey! :-)

Replies

• Gemini_1980
    Gemini_1980 Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    Meal planning is the easiest way to go :bigsmile: I find that meal planning and logging before hand keeps me on track :smile:
  • mamaw53
    mamaw53 Posts: 71
    Options
    Great strategy! Thank you for sharing.
  • oregonlady
    oregonlady Posts: 2,743 Member
    Options
    great idea! i'm gunna try it out when i can.

thank you:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:

robin
  • oBirdieo
    oBirdieo Posts: 148
    Options
    This is a huge help for me, too -- I try to plan the night before and it takes away the stress of having to figure out what I'm going to eat. It's planned. It's entered. It's done. :smile:
  • McKayMachina
    McKayMachina Posts: 2,670 Member
    Options
    Super great suggestion!

I've also started using my food diary like a grocery double-check. I know I bought, for example, 4 servings of hommus, 4 servings of baby carrots and a dozen eggs, I log them all into slots in my diary for the coming days and make a note at the bottom "buy more hommus and baby carrots" or "buy more eggs". It's awesome. :happy: Hope that helps, too!
  • markawillis
    markawillis Posts: 20
    Options
    Thats what is great about the app for my phone. I enter mine in while I eat. But for those without a smart phone, yours is an awesome suggestion.
  • ImperfektAngel
    ImperfektAngel Posts: 811 Member
    Options
    I always have my notebook around but if Im out an about, there is also a notebook on phone, write it all down so that I can put it in later