I'm awake.
    And I feel GREAT.

Enjoy the day
    -Kechie.
  • Nich0le
    Nich0le Posts: 2,906 Member
    Options
    Way to go Kechie!

I am taking a rest day today. It is my daughter's 14th bday, I can't believe how fast that time went :cry: but she has grown into a great young lady and I really don't miss diapers :wink:

Have a great run everyone and an even better Sunday :flowerforyou:
  • annhjk
    annhjk Posts: 794 Member
    Options
    Just finished my half marathon - farthest I've ever run - 2 hours 5 min. I actually feel pretty good considering my knee started to hurt before the half way mark and I have a chest cold. Now the question of much will I continue to run (and will I do another half) comes up. I'm also looking forward to the 1200 exercise calories I get to eat today!
  • StrawberryMargarita
    Options
    Wow, that is great K. I was trying to do that today, but I did pretty good anyway.:drinker:

After the cake yesterday, I guess I felt bad and had to make it up. I appreciate everyone trying to make me feel better about finishing it off. I only went over my calories a little bit, but then I didn't work out and if I had I would have been good. It is funny how once you cheat, it kind of gets worse and worse and then all of a sudden it is like wow, I weigh how much!!!! I have to stop now before that happens.:tongue:

Anyway, running...
    I did great, I did 7.35 miles. I was running along and I guess because it had been alost a week with no running I was feeling pretty fresh. I kept adding an extra turn here and there and adding on a block and so on. But the last quarter mile my hip did funny and I had to walk it out for about 10 minutes. I almost called home to get picked up but then it kind of went right again and I light jogged the way home. It is still a little ....lets say, I feel it. I hope it goes away. I think something popped out of place and I had to work it back in? I didn't feel it happen though and I thought you would feel something like that. It was real painful for a few minutes. I am glad I was on a quiet street for the moment, I was able to try some stretches and walk with a painful look on my face without anyone seeing. He he he:laugh:

Hope some of you other runners out there check in today. You must be all out there running?:wink:
  • StrawberryMargarita
    Options
    Just finished my half marathon - farthest I've ever run - 2 hours 5 min. I actually feel pretty good considering my knee started to hurt before the half way mark and I have a chest cold. Now the question of much will I continue to run (and will I do another half) comes up. I'm also looking forward to the 1200 exercise calories I get to eat today!

That is awsome and with being sick, I just don't know if I would have done it with a chest cold. You have some super human something going on to take it on when you are sick. Good for you!!!
    :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker:
  • TNTPete
    TNTPete Posts: 701 Member
    Options
    ran 6.75 today (had to walk a little during the last 1.5 miles)all in all a good run!! Happy trails folks!
  • annhjk
    Options

That is awsome and with being sick, I just don't know if I would have done it with a chest cold. You have some super human something going on to take it on when you are sick. Good for you!!!
    :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker:

It actually wasn't too bad to run with a cold. It cleared everything out after about 1.5 miles.
  • jessmomof3
    jessmomof3 Posts: 4,590 Member
    Options
    Well, today was a rest day but y'day I ran! I was w/ my buddies who were doing a Half IronMan!! I struck up a conversation w/ a lady whose dh was doing the full IM. She was going to run since she was marathon training. I ended up joining her for about 60 min (not sure on distance, didn't have my Garmin!). It was fun, we ran out on the bike course (had some confused triathletes! LOL). I found my buddies and cheered them on while biking.

It was an AWESOME experience. One of my buddies came in 3rd in her Age group and got a nice trophy!! I'm definitely going to train for the Half IM next year!!!!

Hope you're all having a great weekend!

Jess
  • jessmomof3
    Options

Great job! I just posted to your other post, but wanted to congratulate you again. Make sure to strech well. What part of your knee hurts? If it's the outside it could also be your IT band. I had that after my full marathon.

Enjoy those cals!

Jess
  • annhjk
    Options
    I"m pretty sure it is my IT band. It goes from my knee to my hip. Walking up down stairs is the only time it really bothers me.
  • annhjk
    Options
    2x - oops
  • jessmomof3
    Options
    I"m pretty sure it is my IT band. It goes from my knee to my hip. Walking up down stairs is the only time it really bothers me.

Yep, sounds like IT band. I highly recommend a foam roller. Worked wonders for me!!! Performbetter.com is where I got mine- the 3' long, 6" round one. It come w/ exercises. I also ended up going to PT for it, did some ultrasound and learned some stretches. You can google it and get some good info!! HTH!

Jess
  • pmkelly409
    pmkelly409 Posts: 1,653 Member
    Options
    Wow, still quite a bit of activity on the forums at 10pm on a Sunday night (East coast of course!)

Congrats to all our friends who ran races this weekend!!

Ann and GranolaGirl - WAY TO GO!!!!

Here's to acheiving all our goals this week, to running like there's no tomorrow and being healthy - the ultimate revenge!

Have a great week everyone!
  • thalli1
    thalli1 Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    I ran six miles today. I took it pretty easy this week since it was the first week of school. Hopefully I can get back into the swing of things next week. It's a lot harder to work out after school than in the morning for me.
  • pmkelly409
    pmkelly409 Posts: 1,653 Member
    Options
    I ran six miles today. I took it pretty easy this week since it was the first week of school. Hopefully I can get back into the swing of things next week. It's a lot harder to work out after school than in the morning for me.

Hey Terry!! Happy Back to School!! Is it not possible to work out in the morning during the school year?
  • StrawberryMargarita
    Options
    Wow, I ate pretty good today and with all the work outs I did, I still have at least 1000 calories I could eat. I burned about 1300 today with my long run and then a good bike ride.
    I think it will be a good way to make up for that stupid cake I had to finish off last week. Bad Cake!!!!:embarassed:

My neigbor finally fixed his bike or pulled it out from the back of the garge and wanted to go for a ride. A ride is easy after running 7.35 miles and even though I normally save it for non run days, it was fun to ride with someone. He was keeping up real nice (I am what I think slow but steady) but I knew he was really working hard to keep up. He said his legs were really burning. Kind of made me feel good that a guy in not to bad of shape had a hard time keeping up.

My hip is doing a little better to. Went to a couple conventions and walked it off and then the ride I think helped also. Sometimes I guess you have to just work through it.
    I may still take day of tomorrow as to allow hop to heal without causing problems.