really scared!!!!!!

Options
I just found out i'm pregnant, yay!!!! we are really happy and excited about this news.:smile: i'm just terrified that i'm going to gain back the sixty pounds i just lost with you guys at mfp from my last pregnancy. my son will be one in 4 days. i still have 30 pounds to go and i'm really scared. i want to be healthy for my kids and i just hated that sluggish overweight bloated feeling. don't know what to do. how to exercise and eat healthy pregnant. the last 2 times i was pregnant i ate everything in sight. i polished off and entire baked ziti dish that was supposed to serve 6 in one day. please i need words of encouragement that i can do this without gaining all that weight again.

thanks,
farrah

Replies

• farrahmelanie
    Options
    I just found out i'm pregnant, yay!!!! we are really happy and excited about this news.:smile: i'm just terrified that i'm going to gain back the sixty pounds i just lost with you guys at mfp from my last pregnancy. my son will be one in 4 days. i still have 30 pounds to go and i'm really scared. i want to be healthy for my kids and i just hated that sluggish overweight bloated feeling. don't know what to do. how to exercise and eat healthy pregnant. the last 2 times i was pregnant i ate everything in sight. i polished off and entire baked ziti dish that was supposed to serve 6 in one day. please i need words of encouragement that i can do this without gaining all that weight again.

thanks,
    farrah
  • TamTastic
    TamTastic Posts: 19,224 Member
    Options
    Hey! I know how you are feeling!

You will be ok! You know how to stay focused and lose weight. So, just keep that same focus and keep the gain under control. It can be done! :)

You can continue to exercise if you have already been exercising well. I think the key is to keep your heart rate at 140 or below for the health of the fetus. But you can try yoga and pilates and other things to keep you strong and not be too stressful on your body. That is my plan once I get pregnant again.

Continue to eat healthy and take care of yourself. That whole "Eating for two" is crap. I mean, that tiny fetus doesn't need a cheeseburger! :laugh: :laugh:

I read that for the first trimester, you don't have to worry about eating any extra calories. During the 2nd and 3rd trimesters...try to get in an extra 250-300 cals a day, which can be a yogurt and fruit.

Pregnancy doesn't have to mean a huge weight gain. Focus on nourishing yourself and your baby.

Good luck!!!! :flowerforyou:
    -Tami

And most importantly! CONGRATS TO YOU!!! :):flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • pecksun8
    Options
    Now you know better! Don't go off the deep end just because your pregnant! Ask your doctor how many extra calories your going to need and when, they always know! You worked really hard to get that weight off and you can keep it off! Don't stress either, it's not good for the baby! lol

You can do it! Just follow what the doc says and if all is good, then keep exercising and eating as good as you have been.
  • emibmas
    emibmas Posts: 1,058 Member
    Options
    Tami gave you awesome advice!

For me, eating for 2 meant eating twice as much! Baaaaaaaaaaaaadddddddddd:grumble:

You will be great, no worries. :flowerforyou: Congrats to you and best of luck in your pregnancy! Enjoy it! :heart:
  • GoGetterMom
    GoGetterMom Posts: 852 Member
    Options
    Don't freak out. You can do it! I think this site is an amazing tool. Your doc will tell you what you need for extra calories (and supplements). You can track the extra calories you and baby will need right here and get all the support you want. You will have a great pregnancy. Think positive and keep your food diary. :flowerforyou:
  • PrincessLaundry
    PrincessLaundry Posts: 2,758 Member
    Options
    Hooray for you!!! Congrats!!!
  • iftcheiaf
    iftcheiaf Posts: 960 Member
    Options
    First of all, you're superwoman. I just read your profile. Three boys under the age of 5 and another on the way. You go girl!!! Simply by chasing them around, you'll probably continue to lose weight. Make sure to take care of yourself. You're already a great mom. Remember, you're not just doing this for you but for them. And when those pickle and ice cream cravings come along, just jump on here and we'll talk you into that nice huge bowl of fruit and yogurt.

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    I had 3 children, now all in their 20's :noway: .

With my first son I went from 105 to 155 due to 'eating for 2' mentality.

I also quit smoking and drinking. It was no problem not doing things because it was for the health of my child. No way I would smoke..put poison from an alcoholic drink in my body-no way..I wouldnt even take a tylenol. This is just what we do for our children.

With my last child I learned a great lesson. I started out at 115 lbs. At around 6-8 wks the doc told me I had Gestational Diabetes, and gave me a strict diet to adhere to. He said if I didnt the baby could be over 10 lbs (she was almost 9 as it was!) and/or give her/me permanant diabetes. That was all it took. I gained around 25 lbs, never felt deprived, and fit in my jeans when I left the hospital.

My pretty girl was born very healthy and neither of us has diabetes.

I think it is all in our mindset.

Good luck to you and Congratulations. You are stronger and healthier and will have no problem staying this way for your new baby!
  • PedalHound
    PedalHound Posts: 1,625 Member
    Options
    Congrats!! That's so special! Like people are saying, the biggest thing is that you now know how to make the good choices.. And eating for two isn't double the food (scarcely even MORE of it) it's just eating with both of you in mind. Don't eat a bunch of refined, dyed crap because you're not just making the choice for yourself, also for someone who can't volunteer their say. That saying is so misleading!! Use what you know and you'll be great :happy:
  • raincloud
    raincloud Posts: 405 Member
    Options
    You can do it! My mom only gained 17lbs (the weight of baby, water sac and placenta) without really trying super hard with both pregnancies! Just keep doing a great job!
  • farrahmelanie
    Options
    Thank you for your encouraging words. i realize now that we can empower ourselves. you wouldn't happen to remember the diet the doctor gave you would you now?

thanks,
    farrah
  • jenken99
    jenken99 Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: CONGRATS !!!!!!!
    you will do fine just like every one else has said,, sometimes those cravings talk louder than :noway: others just eat a serving and dont over in duldge thats the key

20033.png
  • sweetpea03b
    sweetpea03b Posts: 1,124 Member
    Options
    This is also MY fear! My husband wants to have a baby soon but like you... I still have 18lbs to go and really don't want to gain all my weight back! I do agree with everyone's comments though... as long as you continue to eat smart and healthy and follow an exercise routine that is safe for the baby.... you'll be fine. Good luck :) Congrats!
  • PedalHound
    PedalHound Posts: 1,625 Member
    Options
    Pregnancy has been a time for me where I have been able to do very well. I was very concerned both times with making sure my babies got the best from me so I ate very reasonably. Both times I was back at my pre-pregnancy weight within a week or two because I hadn't gained any "real" weight - just baby related weight and some water. You can do it :happy:
  • debuckl
    debuckl Posts: 360 Member
    Options
    I've heard alot about babyfit.com. I'd try there and consult your doctor whenever you feel the need. Some Docs aren't good about taking time to answer questions, but that's their job isn't it? Make 'em do it.
  • elliott062907
    elliott062907 Posts: 1,508 Member
    Options

thanks,
    farrah

Congrats!!! Look what I found!!!

A Salad Makeover
    Eating a salad is a great way to take in important pregnancy nutrients while keeping fat and calories in check, but your "rabbit food" may not be as healthy as you think.
    Eating a salad is a great way to take in important pregnancy nutrients while keeping fat and calories in check, but your "rabbit food" may not be as healthy as you think. These small changes can equal big health benefits for you and your growing baby:

OUT IN WHY IT'S BETTER
    Iceberg lettuce Dark greens Spinach, arugula and romaine offer beta carotene and vitamin C. Iceberg has little nutritional value.
    Croutons Seeds and nuts Unlike croutons (fried bread), seeds and nuts are packed with protein.
    Cheddar cheese Part-skim mozzarella This simple switch knocks off almost half the calories and fat per ounce.
    Canned fruit Fresh fruit Syrup adds sugar calories. Fresh fruit is a great source of vitamin C and fiber.
    Cucumber Jicama Jicama has the same crunch but more fiber.
    Creamy dressing Olive oil and balsamic vinegar Creamy dressings can ruin a healthy salad. Olive oil contains healthy fats; vinegar punches up taste.

Enjoying fruits and vegetables offers lifelong health advantages--and now a new benefit has emerged!
    By Shari Roan
    Enjoying fruits and vegetables offers lifelong health advantages--and now a new benefit has emerged: Eating cruciferous vegetables, such as broccoli, cabbage, cauliflower, radishes and turnips, during pregnancy may lower your child's cancer risk--both in infancy and in young adulthood.

When pregnant lab animals were given supplements containing indole-3-carbinol, one of many beneficial "phytochemicals" found in cruciferous vegetables, their offspring enjoyed significant protection against certain cancers, including lung cancer and lymphoma. Protective phytochemicals like those found in the cruciferous vegetables may cross from mother to fetus during pregnancy, says study author David Williams, Ph.D., a researcher at the Linus Pauling Institute at Oregon State University. They may leave fetal genes with an imprint that protects against disease.

More research remains to be done, Williams adds, but for now, pregnant women should eat a diet rich in fruits and vegetables. "We have yet to find any 'magic bullet' that would allow someone to take a capsule or two a day and forget about a balanced diet," he says. "Until, and if, that day comes, a balanced diet is best."

http://www.fitpregnancy.com/meals_food/yourpregnancy/1024?subsection=food_nutrition&

http://www.fitpregnancy.com/fish_seafood_mercury/yourpregnancy/998?subsection=food_nutrition&

http://www.fitpregnancy.com/pregnancy_cravings_healthy/yourpregnancy/971?subsection=food_nutrition&
  • ChubbyBunny
    ChubbyBunny Posts: 3,523 Member
    Options
    YAY! :drinker:

Don't stress, there are others on this site that are using it to guide them with their pregnancys. So they make sure their gain is somewhat controlled. In reality you are only supposed to gain about 30lbs by full term. Which includes liquids, tissues, weight of child, etc already. Very little is actually supposed to be mom weight gain.

Keep that in mind and as they said, "feeding for two" is a load. Just if you are still hungry try to keep it to healthier options.

B-
  • pinktoque
    pinktoque Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    congratulations!! :D how wonderful and exciting :heart:
  • jules1984
    jules1984 Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    I've never had a baby so I won't even try to give you nutritional advice but just don't let the doctors pressure you into forgetting all about your own health concerns. Make them tell you exactly what you need when to do right by your body and your baby.

Congratulations!!! :drinker: :smile: :drinker: :smile: :drinker: