Exercise calories...to eat? or not eat? That is the question

Options
cobylea
cobylea Posts: 194 Member
My daily calorie intake is 1200. I aways come close to eating that within the day. However I do my workouts in the evening after my son has to gone to bed. As I'm a single mom its the only "me" time I get. I usually burn about 250-320 caories during a workout, which in turn brings me below my 1200 again. As a rule I don't allow myself to eat after 8pm and this is the time that I normally start exercising. Am I going to be sabotaging myself if I don't eat the exercise calories because its late?

Replies

• Msaip
    Msaip Posts: 482 Member
    Options
    it's never a goof idea to go below....for a while you may lose but eventually you will be in starvation mode. Have you trid drinking a protein shake in the morning? its a n easy way to get in a couple hundred calories!
  • vpsmith14
    vpsmith14 Posts: 71
    Options
    Sometimes I run into this problem myself. I found that if I plan on burning x amount of calories late then I just eat that much more during the day. Mostly I get my workouts done in the morning but sometimes I don't. My husband has been doing P90X and many times he has to workout at 8 at night and he doesn't want to eat that late either so he just eats those calories during the day. He is losing pounds too so it must work.

Tricia
  • ms_debbieg
    ms_debbieg Posts: 34
    Options
    I have the same calorie limit, somedays I do eat my extra calories somedays I don't. My doctor told me not to force myself to eat them but if I am hungry try to eat something non-sugary, such as nuts, cheese, something with protein. So far it's bee working for me.

Good Luck on your Progress!!
  • crashta
    crashta Posts: 72
    Options
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/62929-for-those-confused-or-questioning-eating-your-exercise-calo

I read this last night and it makes a lot of sense to eat the net 1200 calories if you are tying to lose weight.