Atkins Induction Fast Food Options

Options
BeckyKSmith
BeckyKSmith Posts: 212 Member
I am starting Atkins induction tomorrow. I need some ideas for low carb fast food options. I will be on the road all day tomorrow. I can only eat so much string cheese. I did buy the shakes and bars and might pack some celery and ranch, but other than that, I haven't a clue.

Replies

• jpeebs88
    jpeebs88 Posts: 81
    Options
    I urge you to please reconsider. By cutting out an entire food group (carbs) it makes it very hard to keep off the weight, you're more tempted to binge, etc. MFP is great to just record your calories. A balanced diet is really key to a healthy lifestyle.

But, to answer your question - salads, burgers or grilled chicken without the bread.
  • BeckyKSmith
    Options
    I urge you to please reconsider. By cutting out an entire food group (carbs) it makes it very hard to keep off the weight, you're more tempted to binge, etc. MFP is great to just record your calories. A balanced diet is really key to a healthy lifestyle.

But, to answer your question - salads, burgers or grilled chicken without the bread.

I know it is not possible to live that way, lol......I am trying to take of 10lbs for a 10K I am running in June. I want to run the whole thing and it is tough with the extra weight. (I am 30lbs overweight). I am going to do the low carb AND MFP at the same time, then go back to what I am currently doing with hopes I can take some of it off quickly for my 10K. I certainly don't plan to do that for a lifetime! I still have 50lbs to go and have lost 20.
    Thank you for your concern. I would tell someone the same thing.
  • boobee32
    boobee32 Posts: 450 Member
    Options
    beef jerky or pork rinds if i remember correctly
  • BeckyKSmith
    Options
    beef jerky or pork rinds if i remember correctly
    Oh God Gross
  • hamton
    hamton Posts: 245
    Options
    When I'm stuck w/o food at work, I usually go to jack in the box and get their grilled chicken strips. That and ranch sauce. I don't like the oil they use because I'm guessing it's some cheap crappy hydrogenated stuff and not real butter. Either that or some grilled chicken salad at other various fast food places. Sometimes I stock nuts and pork rinds at work.

You'll be fine with just protein and fat. Your body needs fat and will die without it. You'll do fine w/o carbs.

I did very well on a Keto Diet but it's so hard to maintain ketosis with a family. I've switched to carb backloading and just started a high saturated fat diet to get my HDL up.
  • Grokette
    Grokette Posts: 3,330 Member
    Options

With Atkins your not eliminating carbs.................sheeeesh.

The OP should be getting plenty of carbs through green, leafy vegetables. I wish all the propaganda touting would just stop........its total nonsense.

To the OP: I second the whole fast food: burger with no bun, salad with grilled chicken, grilled chicken sandwich, no bun; etc.......
  • bizco
    bizco Posts: 1,949 Member
    Options
    Have you checked the Atkins website? Also, use MFP's search feature and you'll find other people doing Atkins or South Beach and you can look at their food diaries. Go to the library and check out Atkins books.
  • jpeebs88
    jpeebs88 Posts: 81
    Options

The OP should be getting plenty of carbs through green, leafy vegetables. I wish all the propaganda touting would just stop........its total nonsense.

To the OP: I second the whole fast food: burger with no bun, salad with grilled chicken, grilled chicken sandwich, no bun; etc.......

I know from experience. I did atkins when I was younger, with my entire family. I lost a lot of weight. It all came back and brought friends. I'm not talking from propaganda, I'm talking from experience. And, Green leafy vegetables have almost no carbs. One serving of spinach has approximately one carb. That's hardly "plenty."
  • Barneystinson
    Barneystinson Posts: 1,357 Member
    Options

I know from experience. I did atkins when I was younger, with my entire family. I lost a lot of weight. It all came back and brought friends. I'm not talking from propaganda, I'm talking from experience. And, Green leafy vegetables have almost no carbs. One serving of spinach has approximately one carb. That's hardly "plenty."

Here's my experience: It's worked for me to keep me in a healthy weight range for 7 years. Being even more strict with my intake is helping me get down to an absolute goal weight.

Some people have an easy go with it. I'm one of those people.

*Shrug*
  • dls06
    dls06 Posts: 6,774 Member
    Options
    Doesn't Atkins give you suggestion? I know they have books.
  • Barneystinson
    Barneystinson Posts: 1,357 Member
    Options
    Doesn't Atkins give you suggestion? I know they have books.

Depends on the edition of the book but there are basic menu suggestions. There are also scads of low carb blogs and web resources to pick healthier options at meal time at home or out.