Hello, Newbie

Hello all. I just come across this site on another one. It looks interesting so I signed up and here I am. I've been thinking about possibly doing the lap band surgery. I've started the process,but I do not like the idea of surgery. So here I am looking to try again to loose weight.
I am married and have a beautiful baby boy.

Replies

• Hello all. I just come across this site on another one. It looks interesting so I signed up and here I am. I've been thinking about possibly doing the lap band surgery. I've started the process,but I do not like the idea of surgery. So here I am looking to try again to loose weight.
    I am married and have a beautiful baby boy.
  • GoGetterMom
    GoGetterMom Posts: 852 Member
    Welcome! You can do it! You will love it here. The people are funny and supportive!:flowerforyou:
  • metco89
    metco89 Posts: 578 Member
    Hi and welcome!! I also thought about the lap band but my dr. suggested i try diet and exercise first and guess what it is working!! I am have a slip here and there but for the most part i do well and this site has alot to do with my success. The ideas and support and receipes shared on here are such a motivating factor. I am on and off here several times a day just t read post when i feel a slip coming. I have a friend that had the lap band sure she lost weight but i think alot of it was from being sick all time with infections and the like. I am definitely not gonna do it. I am just going to continue what i am doing now and take it slow and steady. i wish u great success you have come to the right place. i love MFP and all the wonderful ppl i have met on here:flowerforyou:
  • Welcome to MFP :flowerforyou:
  • TamTastic
    TamTastic Posts: 19,224 Member
    Hi! Welcome and best of luck to you!

If it helps, I am living proof that someone in the real world can lose a lot of weight the slow and healthy way and not have to resort to surgery.

You can do this! Take it a week at a time. Make small changes here and there and before you know it, you will be living a new lifestyle and the small, healthy losses will add up!

Take care!! :bigsmile:
    -Tami