30 day shred - is it THAT good?

Options
Ok, so I am new to this site and frankly I don't have a wealth of knowledge of home work out DVD media. However, I am really loving Wii Zumba fitness and recently got an excerise DVD and love it.

My question is this..........on MFP I keep seeing the same thing popping up when people are talking about fitness & excersise and that is something called '30 Day Shred'. After a few searches on google I realised its a fitness DVD. I have not really watched the Biggest Loser and so don't know much about the woman that has made this fitness DVD and I am just curious about what it is REALLY like.

Is it suitable for a novice or do you have to be in pretty good shape fitness wise before you do it? Is it a realistic DVD? When I looked at the front cover it looks like she is VERY muscular but VERY fit!

I would love to know from real people that have done this workout as the DVD's own review gives it nothing but praise (for obvious reasons). I don't want to embark on something I am not ready for and then set myself up for disappointment.

So come on guys..............................lets hear what you think :bigsmile:

Replies

• kbaratko
    kbaratko Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I can say today is my third day of the 30 day shred. I know its only been 3 days since I've started. But Im loving the way I am feeling, and I am already noticing a difference. pants are a smuge less tight. I know in 30 days you can see results as long as you dedicate your 30 minutes to it for thirty days. :) Good Luck to you, I hope to hear and see your results!!! Keep pushing play.... you can do it and won't regret it.
  • Brihammond
    Brihammond Posts: 29
    Options
    The reason the 30 day shred is good is because it combines strength training with cardio and doesn't let you stop the entire time. I like to think of it as a preliminary to p90x, but it does work if you put work into it! I did it right before my wedding.
  • LeahBeah12
    LeahBeah12 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I have had the 30DS for over a year and it is part of my regular workout routine. I have about 7 Jillian Michaels DVDs and rotate through them. It is a 20 minute workout and when you start out it is HARD if you aren't in great shape. I had to stop all the time. Now I can do them straight through no problem. It does feel like you get a really good workout though in 20 minutes.

She has 3 levels. You are supposed to do each level for 10 days. I get bored too easily though to do it in a row. She does 3 minutes of strenth training, 2 minutes of cardio and 1 minute of abs 3x with a warmup in the beginning and cooldown at the end. It is only $10 at Walmart/Target and I would definitely recommend it.

I also really like her No More Trouble Zones, Banish Fat Boost Metabolism, and 6 Week 6 Pack DVDs. I have noticed a big change in my body and have toned up a ton using videos and walking. I don't go to the gym.
  • korgscrew
    korgscrew Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    I don't seem to get bored with it. It's a great 30 min workout with moves I love and hate and moves I love to hate!

I struggle with the push ups as I have an arm that doesn't have full felxibility due to an old injury, but I try my best with them and just about manage the push ups using the knees rather than toes.

I'm on day 4 today, day 5 on Monday and can feel my whole body screaming, but I can't wait till the next time!