Just getting started....

Options
Hi, I'm April Cook. I'm from Durant Ok. I've been overweight for 18 years now. I have two very bad hips that must be replaced and my goal is to get into shape so that when they do the surgeries it will be easier to recover... This past Thursday My father had a Stroke, it's bad. The next day Both of my children graduated from high school. I've been an emotional rollercoaster this weekend.
I've been going to a gym now for 2 weeks. Since Oct 2010 I've gone from 242 down to 225. It's time to step it up. I have my daughter and a friend sometimes 2 or 3 that work out with me. I need people in my life who support me, understand where i'm coming from and who are willing to telt me like it is........... If you are that person feel free to add me. I'll do the same for you!

Replies

• makmyra
    makmyra Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    Welcome aboard! Add me if ud like! I'll warn you I'm a MFP junkie...I'm here for u if u need me. I'm so sorry to hear about ur father... :flowerforyou:
  • January91968
    Options
    Hey I just read your post, and I have a bad bone spur in my right foot that will be operated in the beging of July, It actually has been acting up
    . Hopefully I will get a cortazone shot and that will help me Tuesday to get it looked at.
    When I first started last week, it said I was just under the calories and carbs ect that I should be eatting,
    The last couple days I have been eating speacial k cereal in the morning cheese in the for lunch, and dinner.
    I have also gone out to eat at the wrong time.
    well time to start again except for the part about eating and not being able to walk alot.
    Nancy
    Aparently there is away to add friends.
    Hi im Nancy from NJ
  • January91968
    Options
    All right Ill ask what is a ifb junky
  • apeydawn
    apeydawn Posts: 52
    Options
    Jan, I have a bone spur in my right heel also. This is what I did. They are called Sketchers Shape ups......... I wear them constantly. I don't know it's even there when I wear them. I also so Alot of stretches. There are some really good ones out there. But until your surgery I'd totally recomend getting some shape-ups.
  • apeydawn
    apeydawn Posts: 52
    Options
    MFP = My fitness pal junkie