Help, stuck at the same weight for almost a week!!!

Options
Hi, I have been doing OK with loosing weight and pushing myself hard to make sure
I eat almost the right things and exercise for the last 3 months but for whatever reason it may be
and its not that time of the month, I just cant get out of being around 153.

I am afraid of upping my calorie intake cause I do not want to gain weight, I
thought about eating less than I do know but that seems impossible and unhealthy and I am thinking of trying zig zagging my calories and see how that works

If anyone has an ideas or if zig zagging has worked for them, please let me know.

Thanks in advance for your help

Kristen

Replies

• mem50
    mem50 Posts: 1,384 Member
    Options
    I have been stuck sooo many times I lost count. Give it another week. Maybe your body needs adjustment time. Then after that try the zigzag. I tried it after a two week stall and it did help.
  • vallejos6
    vallejos6 Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    It happens, sometimes the scale just doesn't move and you don't need to do ANYTHING, just hold out. Seriously, a week at the same weight is nothing! I've had up to a month at the same weight, and then, when my body is ready, it starts losing again. If you are stalling, take the time to take an honest look at your food intake and exercise. If there is anything you've been wanting to try, now might be a good time to implement a little change, see how it works for you, but my advice is don't freak out and just keep on eating healthy and exercising and eventually your body will get back on board.

~~Veronica
  • guppygirl322
    guppygirl322 Posts: 408 Member
    Options
    I haven't lost any weight in a week either. I'm not too fussed about it because as far as I'm concerned, as long as my weight isn't going back up, I'm good! Some weeks the weight comes off faster than others, 2-3 pounds, some weeks only 1 pound, this past week none. I decided before I started that I would just keep going, no matter what. I suppose you could try playing around with your calorie intake and see if that helps, but try just being a little more patient with yourself.
  • Perfectlycrooked
    Perfectlycrooked Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    I zigzag my calories, and I could swear it works wonders(:
  • mrogers52
    mrogers52 Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    I added weights when the scale got stuck recently. It started to go back down again. Don't get too discouraged : )
  • Atlantique
    Atlantique Posts: 2,484 Member
    Options
    Hi, I have been doing OK with loosing weight and pushing myself hard to make sure
    I eat almost the right things and exercise for the last 3 months but for whatever reason it may be
    and its not that time of the month, I just cant get out of being around 153.

I am afraid of upping my calorie intake cause I do not want to gain weight, I
    thought about eating less than I do know but that seems impossible and unhealthy and I am thinking of trying zig zagging my calories and see how that works

If anyone has an ideas or if zig zagging has worked for them, please let me know.

Thanks in advance for your help

Kristen

Being stuck for less than a week is not a "problem" or a plateau. It's a normal part of dieting.

Don't freak out. Just keep doing what you are doing. If you stay at 153 for several weeks, THEN you may need to make some changes.
  • laursey
    laursey Posts: 307
    Options
    Don't forget, just because the scale isn't moving doesn't mean your body isn't changing!
    It will kick it's self back into gear soon. Just be patient.
  • christy_frank
    christy_frank Posts: 680 Member
    Options
    I have been stuck for @ 146 for 3 weeks. I am working on a little zig zagging to see if that works. I increased my calories and my workouts and I am not budging. But....my body is changing shape & I am replacing fat for muscle. You just have to keep on hitting it hard. You will break this plateau eventually and so will I.
  • jmgj27
    jmgj27 Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    I do calorie cycling- zigzagging- all the time and as long as I'm being good I lose a regular 1 - 2lbs per week. It was 3lbs a week for a while but sadly that's dropped off a bit as I've headed towards normal weight. I do alternate low, medium and high cal days of 800, 1400 and 1800 net cals. It stops my metabolism slowing down and I've suffered no ill-effects at all save for being starving for the first week! Hope it works for you.
  • melsinct
    melsinct Posts: 3,512 Member
    Options
    I plateaued for 6 weeks when I came within 15 pounds of goal. Now the scale is moving again, albeit slowly. Even before my plateau, I had an odd week here and there where I lost nothing. Keep at it, be patient, and the scale will eventually move!