Logging in physical activities

Options
Hey!
Question ... I work for an air line at an airport ...just recently we started taking the luggage from passengers. Yaaay! (miss those days pre-sept 11th!)
So this is a GREAT thing for me - physically - lifting anywhere from 30-50lb bags and tossing them on the scale ALL day for 8 hours.
Surely this is burning a nice amount of calories I would think?
I do not know how to plug this in to my daily exercise log ...any ideas?
I work the gates too - so I won't be doing this daily - but I would like to be able to log this in on the days I do work the ticket counter.
Thanks in advance!
Laurie

Replies

• makeachange22
    makeachange22 Posts: 151
    Options
    well technically you should change your daily things , like when you first signed up you would put moderatley active or something just up that, and it will change everything because you dont really log REGULAR daily routine
  • Yayi724
    Yayi724 Posts: 13
    Options
    Hi,

I would log it in as strength training because you are working your biceps, shoulders and upper back. Unfortunately you don't get a count for how many calories are burned strength training especially as continuously as you are doing it.
  • cwainwright78
    cwainwright78 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I suggest making notes so you can recall when you exercised but don't actually log it. I find that it adds too many calories and fat to your daily allowances. I just started my second bootcamp (they work amazing!) The trainer I have now is the same one I had the first time and she is the one that got me hooked to this site and while she praised how easy it is she warned about exercise tracking. You can manually adjust what you want to allow yourself for calories. I do a very intense workout 6x per week. I am allowed 1300 calories a day. She had my plug the % of carbs, protein and fat in manually. So far it's been great! I lost 8 pounds since Mon and that weigh-in was on Fri. I cheated and weighed myself today and I am down another 4!! I must admit I had a baby 11 weeks ago so a lot of it is pregnancy weight but I started back at the gym when he was 13 days old and was at a stand still for quite a bit. It can't hurt to try can it?