This is a big success for me!

I went to the gym today and burned 900 calories... yes, I said 900 calories! That is the most I have burnt in my life! The weeks grand total is 2,354 and my goal for each week is 880. I'm so proud of myself. I was determined to burn as much as possible bc when I weighed at the gym this morning it said I had gained 3 lbs over the weekend.... blah stupid scale. I take measurements tomorrow so hopefully today's work out gave my metabolism the boost I need to break the 200lbs mark, we'll see..... Keep your fingers crossed for me!

PS. Is it bad if I don't eat all the 900 calories I burnt today? That's just way too much food for me.

Replies

• I went to the gym today and burned 900 calories... yes, I said 900 calories! That is the most I have burnt in my life! The weeks grand total is 2,354 and my goal for each week is 880. I'm so proud of myself. I was determined to burn as much as possible bc when I weighed at the gym this morning it said I had gained 3 lbs over the weekend.... blah stupid scale. I take measurements tomorrow so hopefully today's work out gave my metabolism the boost I need to break the 200lbs mark, we'll see..... Keep your fingers crossed for me!

PS. Is it bad if I don't eat all the 900 calories I burnt today? That's just way too much food for me.
  • kenkraft
    kenkraft Posts: 38 Member
    Damn lying scales!!! Great job with your workout aelizabeth! Is it time to consider upping your calories burned goal?

Good luck with the measuring tomorrow!

Ken
  • IAM125lbs
    IAM125lbs Posts: 235 Member
    Congratulations....that's a huge accomplishment!!!
  • SoupNazi
    SoupNazi Posts: 4,229 Member
    Woo Hoo! Way to go!

PS. I would try to eat most of the calories you earned. I usually make up for about half.
  • rheston
    rheston Posts: 638
    You need to find a balance between losing the weight healthily and eating to your exercise earned calories. It may be that you shouldn't eat all those extra calories but you need to pay attention (and don't lie to yourself) to what your body really needs. If you don't eat to that higher level then be prepared with some healthy snacks to grab onto for those times when you feel peckish and need an energy boost.

On the other hand if you start dropping weigh drastically fast then I would suggest increasing your calorie intake to slow it down and to help build muscle instead of burning it as the trade off between being healthy or not.

Congratulations on your successes so far but be careful you don't burn yourself out and cause an injury or lose interest in it over time.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!