Heart rate/calorie counter watch?

Options
I'm looking into buying one but I'm not finding any great reviews. So my question do you have one? Do you like it? Which brand? Is it worth buying?

Thanks for your feed back!!

Replies

• jennlee80
    jennlee80 Posts: 142
    Options
    Polar FT7 is FANTASTIC!
  • khskr1
    khskr1 Posts: 392
    Options
    I have two. The polar F7 which i love. But i needed a gps for cycling and running and have a garmin 310. Love that too
  • Remi79
    Remi79 Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    Don't get the $30- $40 one from Wal-Mart. It is absolutely horrible. I think it's by Sportsline. It doesn't work at all for me.
  • robintellez
    Options
    I had a bodybugg that I really liked; unfortunately I'm allergic to something in the metal backing and couldn't keep wearing it :(
  • achapman01
    achapman01 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I have the Gaiam watch version and like it a lot. It has lots of settings so that your personal profile is customized to fit you. My calorie counts are quite different than the machine readings, and somewhat different than MFP's numbers. The counts are generally lower with my HRM, so I use those. I have not tried the HRM's that strap across your chest because that just sounds uncomfortable.
  • graysmom2005
    graysmom2005 Posts: 1,882 Member
    Options
    Hands down a Polar with a heart rate strap. I'm a spinning/ Body Pump instructor and I wear them every class. It's like the dessert at the end of the meal, plus it helps put in an accurate calorie count into your fitness pal to see what you have burned! Garmin was too confusing for me. Heart rate strap is a must. POLAR!! :-D
  • suzooz
    suzooz Posts: 720 Member
    Options
    I just bought a Body Bugg. I am wearing it, but I couldn't set it up due to a technical glitch, and they won't be back until Monday. I can't wait to see my results once my access is fixed.

I am a little concerned about the metal -- I tend to be sensitive, so we'll see what happens.
  • suzooz
    suzooz Posts: 720 Member
    Options
    I just bought a Body Bugg. I am wearing it, but I couldn't set it up due to a technical glitch, and they won't be back until Monday. I can't wait to see my results once my access is fixed.

I am a little concerned about the metal -- I tend to be sensitive, so we'll see what happens.
  • caseykennedy
    Options
    My Iphone has WONDERFUL apps - Like My Fitness Pal! I also have Map My Fitness, which is a GPS device that I LOVE. It maps out the route I took, tells inclines, speed & distance travelled and caolries burned! Both connect to online sites.

The other great app I just got is Heart Rate which uses the camera lense an flash of the iPhone to tell what your heart rate is! Seriously ingenious! It also has a history function, stroing functions (so I write in, "Just woke up and haven't even sat up in bed" or "Just back from a 3 mile walk" after taking my HR. (It has a black background with a gray ring surrounded by a blue ring then the heart rate number, a red beating heart and then the waves inside the ring. There are a few on iTunes now, but this is the one I use and love!)

Seriously phenomenal apps.

AND I listen to my music while walking! (I'll start running in about a week or two after I've gotten back to a normal cardio rythym.)
  • Cait_Sidhe
    Cait_Sidhe Posts: 3,150 Member
    Options
    Don't get the $30- $40 one from Wal-Mart. It is absolutely horrible. I think it's by Sportsline. It doesn't work at all for me.

That's the one I have :( It seems to work okay for me. Maybe I should look into getting a better one when I can afford it.
  • Remi79
    Remi79 Posts: 346 Member
    Options

That's the one I have :( It seems to work okay for me. Maybe I should look into getting a better one when I can afford it.

Maybe I need to re-read the directions because I haven't gotten anything to work correctly.
  • britt8507
    britt8507 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone!!
  • wewon
    wewon Posts: 838 Member
    Options

Ditto.

I have a Sportsline solo915 and it works great!