Anyone use the Nike + ipod

Options
Nike + ipod.....looking for input? I have a new iPhone with the Nike+ app, but no sensor yet! Looking for some feedback...

Replies

• kjnewk
    kjnewk Posts: 5
    Options
    I use one with a Nano and I love it! I just bought the Nike+ HR monitor to go with it this morning :)
  • bethvandenberg
    bethvandenberg Posts: 1,496 Member
    Options
    I have one. :) I love it. It's very handy when you're doing trails or other things that you don't really know the distance on and the website is pretty cool and tracks all of your milage. There are some other apps out there that work well too. Run keeper is the one I like.
  • valz2000
    valz2000 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    I use one with my Nano and I love it. I dont have the HRM for it yet I use one that i already had before.
  • kateistoned
    kateistoned Posts: 116
    Options
    I have an iPod nano with the Nike + transmitter and I freaking adore it! I've always been terrible at pacing myself while running and the Nike + can tell me my current pace which is SO handy. Its super cool to see all your information for your runs in charts and what-not on Nike.com. I'm ridiculously obsessed with mine. Although at first, I had some problems getting it to work but once I did - it was so fun and easy!
  • kendf60
    kendf60 Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    Buy the Nike +gps app. It costs less than the sensor. It is also more accurate because it uses the gps instead of your stride which varies.
  • craftylatvian
    craftylatvian Posts: 599 Member
    Options
    I just bought it and love it. I have a Nano 3rd gen and bought a pouch for the sensor that ties onto my laces.
    The only thing I don't like is I can't listen to a podcast while the Nike+ is running, I can only listen to music.
  • Drewso
    Drewso Posts: 16
    Options
    Ive had 2 sensors for about 2 years. It is cool how it tracks your runs, but they do make free GS apps to log your runs. I don't see a point in buying the sensor if you take your phone on your runs. You can use a free GPS app instead. The battery is replaceable in the sensor, but it's a pain to do so (requires solder). Nike makes the battery hard to replace so you buy a new sensor almost every year (annoying). A HRM for about $40 off amazon will help you track calories more accurately than the Nike + app.
  • TheKatzMeow77
    Options
    I love mine!! I have the shoes that the sensor fits into. I have not heard of the nike+ hrm though, i am def gonna look into that!!!