1st Disney World Trip

Options
2»

Replies

• nolachick
    nolachick Posts: 3,278 Member
    Options
    With small kids staying at a disney hotel might be worth it if you can find a deal. You get two hours of extra park time which helps you get ahead of the crowds, plus when they fall asleep around 2, you'll still have time to take them "Home" and back. Try to hit the popular rides early or during a parade. With small kids I'd rule out the park hopper pass. You'll have plenty of things to do at one park for the day.

you get extra time if you stsay at a disney hotel? i think we're staying the palms kissimmee which includes breakfast and shuttles to disney. its a 2 bedroom suite with living room and kitchen so we should be able to save on dinner too.
  • nolachick
    Options
    @Polish Princess - thanks so much I just ordered the Magic Card! can't wait to get it! it also comes with a free planning kit so hopefully that makes this easier too! :)

@Kayak Angel - thanks so much i'll have to see if i can change hotel reservations. they may have been paid for already. I believe we're staying at THE PALMS KISSIMMEE. anyone stayed there before? they had good reviews online and the place looks nice.

@Eeyorelovr - wow that's a lot of really helpful advice. I am starting to get more and more worried that they jumped the gun and prepaid for the hotel and we can't cancel. :ohwell: need to contact them ASAP. I would love an itinerary that would be fabulous. you are too kind! :flowerforyou:

thnx everyone for all your wonderful advice! keep 'em coming :bigsmile:
  • eeyorelvr09
    eeyorelvr09 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    I've been to Orlando many times and love Disney World! Other than what everyone else has mentioned, I would try to see the night parade at Magic Kingdom. It really is fabulous! We also bring some bottles of water so we don't have to pay for them. It's going to be HOT and crowded, so keep that in mind.

I was going to tell you to go to Mickey's Toontown to get pictures with the characters, but I looked it up and it's closed for renovations. According to the Disney website, "In the meantime, you can meet Mickey, Minnie and the Disney princesses throughout Magic Kingdom. Starting Spring 2011, they will greet Guests at the Town Square Exposition Hall." It's best to go early & get pictures done before the line gets long. You can bring your own camera and they'll sign autographs too.

Most of all, "Have a magical day!"

Yes- they are closed and Toontown is never to return except for Goofy's Barnstormer, I believe. They are expanding Fantasyland to include 2 Dumbo rides, more resturants and are adding Belle's castle which will have a resturant called Be Our Guest. THere will be counter service in the afternoons and table service in the evenings. There is controversy of having 2 castles, but Belle's castle cannot hld a candle to Cinderella Castle. All of this is expected to be completed sometime in 2012.
  • nolachick
    Options
    one more thing guys~! we are spending one night in MIAMI before we head to orlando..... I was thinking about getting a place on the beach or in a nice area that we can relax a bit before the craziness of disney lol. again first time for my sis and nephews so something affordable but nice. but south beach is also fun and i dont want to stay anywhere too crazy that we cant sleep at night haha

there are a few hotels on south beach that seemed reasonable on Collins :)

SUGGESTIONS?

thnx a million! :flowerforyou:
  • mellimeter
    mellimeter Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    Hi there,

I actually work for Walt Disney World, and would be more than happy to assist with any questions you might have! Just shoot me a message privately if you need! :)

-Melissa
  • nolachick
    Options
    Hi there,

I actually work for Walt Disney World, and would be more than happy to assist with any questions you might have! Just shoot me a message privately if you need! :)

-Melissa

wow thanks so much! i'll definately keep that in mind.
  • Annie5859
    Annie5859 Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    bump