Don't read this if you''re easily discouraged...

Options
I'm not posting a weigh in this week because there's no progress. 31 days and only 4 pounds. That's all I'm going to say except that it's very discouraging.

Replies

• MissAnjy
    MissAnjy Posts: 2,480 Member
    Options
    I feel your pain. I've been at my current weight for ......wait for it ..... 6 months.

It's frustrating, BUT, keep going. Just remember, even if you're not losing, you're not gaining.
  • Celo24
    Celo24 Posts: 566 Member
    Options
    Four pounds in 31 days is actually very good. That's about a pound a week, which is healthy, sustainable weight loss. Based on your picture - which is all I can go by since your profile is private, you don't appear to have that much to lose. If that is the case, then one pound a week is outstanding!! Celebrate your successes and keep up the good work!!
  • Vkoons3
    Vkoons3 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    Have you also been measuring yourself...I didn't feel like I was doing so great either because I had only lost five lbs in a little over three weeks but I retook my measurements and had lost 5.5 inches so that too is progress. Keep your head up and and your eye on the prize. Feel free to add me as a friend for a little support.
  • bitty1taz
    bitty1taz Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    At least your not gaining! I know it's discouraging to have it come off so slow. Just hang in there and try to keep a posative outlook on things.
  • Jbledsoe42
    Jbledsoe42 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    I didn't lose any weight this past week. in fact I gained 1.5 lbs.

Muscle?

Junk food?

Not sure, but it sucks!
  • Alyosha22
    Alyosha22 Posts: 15
    Options
    I had a fitness coach who told me at the start of my "getting in shape" journey:
    Think of how long it took you to get into the shape you are in now.
    It took me thirty years to get into cruddy shape. That it took three years to get into very good shape seems, in retrospect, a short time. That coach would suggest to you that 31 days is nothing....
  • notOpel
    notOpel Posts: 46
    Options
    1lb a week is average weight loss... don't focus on the scale so much and remember that your making an awesome change for a healthier, happier life! Also, if your working out then keep in mind that muscle weighs more than fat. Body fat % is a much better indicator of your progress. Keep it up, your doing great!
  • sue26
    sue26 Posts: 412
    Options
    :smile: I wish I could lose 4lbs in 31 days
  • durhamity
    durhamity Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    Four pounds in 31 days is actually very good. That's about a pound a week, which is healthy, sustainable weight loss. Based on your picture - which is all I can go by since your profile is private, you don't appear to have that much to lose. If that is the case, then one pound a week is outstanding!! Celebrate your successes and keep up the good work!!

I couldn't agree more! Keep up the good work. Losing weight slowly is better than not losing it at all and a hell of a lot better than GAINING!!
  • concordancia
    concordancia Posts: 5,320 Member
    Options
    I completely understand. I have lost about 6lbs. in 42 days.

However, I do know that I am stronger and have more energy. I carried a full file box the other day! My partner and I recently did a three mile walk at a good pace! I made it through a body sculpt class without passing out! Yesterday after we finished our dance workshop, we came home and jumped in the pool, instead of collapsing on the couch!

Can you find some ways in which you are healthier?
  • Bviera
    Bviera Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    I agree with the above poster that 4 lbs in 31 days is actually great progress. Depending on how much you have left to lose, 1 pound a week is outstanding. I've been at my same weight for almost 3 weeks now, but I also haven't gained, so I see that as a victory. Keep it up, you're doing great!
  • jamesross19
    Options
    I hope all you guys are remembering to drink more water. Remember, we forget that these foods are not the only "punch in's" we should be worrying about when it comes to this app/website. Juices, sodas, etc...anything but water, if drank in a excess of a lot of ounces..can be 300-600 calories easy! In other words a "meal"...Along with unwanted sugars!
  • akaMrsmojo
    akaMrsmojo Posts: 762 Member
    Options
    I lose 4.67 on average a month. I am totally excited about it. I have now lost 40 pounds. Remember this is a marathon, not a sprint.
  • muriah2
    muriah2 Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    I lost 4.4 lbs from April 21 to May 21st, and i'm celebrating! Its good, healthy weight loss! I measured myself as well and found I've lost inches too, more than I expected! Keep it up, just keep working at it! :)
  • stariera
    stariera Posts: 224
    Options
    One thing I don't know from what you've said if you are doing any kind of strength training or toning but one thing that can definitely be happening is muscle weighs more then fat... I'd start keep track of my measurements as well... that way you can see if you are having any progress at all. If you're not gaining I'd just try to stay focused on continuing to eat right.
  • delilah122
    delilah122 Posts: 41
    Options
    You guys are awesome. I can't believe I got so much encouragement in just a few minutes. I didn't have time to run for the junk food even if I did have any in the house! I'm sorry about my profile being private I didn't even realize that.. so I changed the settings. I have nothing to hide. I lost 40+ pounds the last three years, then stayed status quo for a while but now I have to get serious about losing the last 20-25. I guess they are going to be a lot harder to lose. I hate to be a Debbie Downer, but I'm just feeling discouraged today. Thanks so much for all the support, it REALLY helped.
  • broadsword7
    broadsword7 Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    Four pounds in 31 days is actually very good. That's about a pound a week, which is healthy, sustainable weight loss. ... Celebrate your successes and keep up the good work!!

I absolutely agree with the above! Don't get discouraged. Like that old song: You gotta ac-centuate the positive, and e-liminate the negative! (Well, okay, most of yall are too young and probably never even heard it, lol.) You are doing great. Keep it up!