How to tell my parents?

Options
2»

Replies

• srp2011
    srp2011 Posts: 1,829 Member
    Options
    Well, I just emailed my dad this post. He's at work, and I didn't feel comfortable talking to him over the phone. So... There. It's done. I'm nauseous.

Good for you - the first step is always the hardest - hopefully your parents will take this seriously and help you find a professional who can help you in working through this and getting back to a healthy lifestyle - if they don't, bring it up with your doctor and keep going until you get some help. Good luck, and always remember you are worth the best life has to offer :-) Don't let an ED steal away all the good things in life - there's so much more out there than food.
  • joolzsd
    joolzsd Posts: 51
    Options
    Good for you! I know that was a scary step but I am so proud of you! That took a lot of courage. You are stronger than you think.
  • abcwhite10
    abcwhite10 Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    Well, I just emailed my dad this post. He's at work, and I didn't feel comfortable talking to him over the phone. So... There. It's done. I'm nauseous.

Oh my - you have brought tears to my eyes my dear. I hope you soon realize that you are worth it and do deserve the help that you need. I hope your dad has been touched by this and is supportive of you and if not, you need to find someone who is, another family member, a counsellor, a friend you can trust, someone even on here, anyone that you feel comfortable being 100% honest and open with. I am thinking of you and worrying for you........and so extremely proud that you have the smarts and more importantly the courage to speak up.