Step one. I started. First success!

Options
Hi all, I'm new here. It is inspiring to read about all of your successes! I started a commitment to burn off the 10-15 pounds that have been weighing too much on my mind for far too long. I'm using a combination of tracking food and exercise with myfitnesspal, and following the exercise plan in Jillian Michael's book "Making the Cut" which is regular intense circuit training mixed with some cardio. I did my first workout tonight and sweat like I haven't in a while. It was a good feeling.
I lost 85 pounds about 14 years ago. 10 of those pounds didn't need to go away, but the other 15 have crept on. I know how to do this. I eat fairly healthy and exercise semi-regularly (2-3 times per week), but I need to turn up the burn and consciously eat less calories. I am ready to do this. I have a vacation in 30 days to enjoy my 1 month results of eating lean and but kicking workouts, and another vacation a month after that to enjoy my 2 month results. I am nearing 40 and I want to be healthy, strong, energetic, and confident as I get older. I am ready to do this!

Replies

• jonbobfrog
    jonbobfrog Posts: 294
    Options
    Good for you! I just started too . . . I've been hoping to lose weight and "trying" for years, but I wasn't really making a lifestyle change. Then I got so absolutely sick and frickin' tired of hating what I saw in the mirror and found myfitnesspal.com and am soooooooooo excited to be making this change!

Good luck with your journey!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!