Weird Combinations.

Sunshine_Girlie
Sunshine_Girlie Posts: 618 Member
edited September 27 in Food and Nutrition
I had the hardest time getting my okra down tonight. It sounded better when I pulled the bag out of the freezer and while it was cooking. After about thirty minutes of it sitting on my plate, I had to do something to get it down. I was thinking maybe some hot sauce. Unfortunately, there was none in the fridge. So instead, I pulled out some mustard. And to my dismay, it was good. I even tried some pineapple mustard. That was even better.

So, how about it? Do you have any weird combinations you've tried on this journey? I'd love to hear some in case I get in a predicament like this again.

Replies

• skinnyhopes
    skinnyhopes Posts: 402 Member
    I like to eat boiled corn and ketchup :)
  • trimom63
    trimom63 Posts: 351 Member
    I put a little worchestershire sauce on my scrambled eggs!!
    Peanut butter and pickle sandwiches are weird, but good, too!!
  • poesch77
    poesch77 Posts: 1,005 Member
    Hot sauce on popcorn...not too weird. Can of tuna with relish....plain. Peanut butter in oatmeal.......green beans in my eggs. I always make use of my leftovers!!
  • wdwghettogirl
    wdwghettogirl Posts: 559 Member
    My sis-in-law uses ketchup on her tacos instead of salsa or hot sauce... that's always been a little weird to me. lol
  • LuckyLeprechaun
    LuckyLeprechaun Posts: 6,296 Member
    chipotle tabasco on everything. hardboiled eggs, vegetables, sandwiches...you name it!
  • nicxox
    nicxox Posts: 175 Member
    I see a lot of people on here who have cottage cheese with fruit... being from the UK I think that's quite a strange combo! I can't think of any of my own, I'm quite boring when it comes to food...
  • nickyevans
    nickyevans Posts: 216 Member
    peanut butter with salad and mayo sandwiches, worcester sauce in boiled eggs, Bovril (a beef stock drink similar in texture to marmite/vegemite) on toast
  • xFrancescax
    xFrancescax Posts: 33
    I love peanut butter and cucumber sandwiches.
  • natboosh69
    natboosh69 Posts: 277 Member
    Cottage cheese mixed with baked beans!
  • jessicaj_824
    jessicaj_824 Posts: 114 Member
    I put fiber one cereal in my salads every day. I also put in my dinner sometimes - like chix rice n veggies with fiber one sprinkled on top. It has no sugar but it gives everything such a sweet taste and a great crunch.
  • maria1993
    maria1993 Posts: 112
    Boiled eggs tossed with shaved carrots and catalina dressing
  • HeyLisa
    HeyLisa Posts: 201
    Bump.
  • Barneystinson
    Barneystinson Posts: 1,357 Member
    I see a lot of people on here who have cottage cheese with fruit... being from the UK I think that's quite a strange combo! I can't think of any of my own, I'm quite boring when it comes to food...

I've always thought the cottage + fruit combo was weird and I live in the states :smile:

I eat my cottage cheese with just a hint of pepper and sometimes a dash of dried oregano.
  • Psyb3r
    Psyb3r Posts: 176 Member
    Cottage cheese and fresh peas...Yum.
  • ellenangel
    ellenangel Posts: 106 Member
    I like to eat boiled corn and ketchup :)

I like ketchup with most stuff! Especially vegetables!

'Weird' combinations I love:

- cottage cheese topped with raisins, chopped red onion and Thousand Island dressing (don't knock it till you've tried it- my mom introduced me to it and it's incredible!)
    - cottage cheese with banana and granola
    - BBQ sauce and hummus- I bake tofu in BBQ sauce and make it into sandwiches with red pepper hummus...amazing
    - chickpeas, cottage cheese and Ranch seasoning
    - fruit on salads- grapes, pineapple...anything goes
    - baked sweet potato with almond butter
    - grilled chicken with tzatziki (and ketchup!)
    - tuna with salsa
    - pumpkin butter or jam with Laughing Cow cheese on pancakes (I make protein pancakes then use them as 'bread' for sandwiches on-the-go!)

Now I am hungry...
  • TS65
    TS65 Posts: 1,024 Member
    My favorite concoction is:

SF choolate pudding sprinkled with a light sprinkling of kosher salt and cayenne pepper. (sweet, salty, spicy!)
  • EZGruv
    EZGruv Posts: 215 Member
    Save this for a 'cheat day', but spread some creamy peanut butter on a hot dog.

DO IT! Thank me later.
    :glasses:
  • Sunshine_Girlie
    Sunshine_Girlie Posts: 618 Member

DO IT! Thank me later.

Haha. Seriously? Maybe if I liked hotdogs, but that just seems gross. lol
  • EZGruv
    EZGruv Posts: 215 Member

DO IT! Thank me later.

Haha. Seriously? Maybe if I liked hotdogs, but that just seems gross. lol

I said the same thing...until I tried it!
  • wdwghettogirl
    wdwghettogirl Posts: 559 Member
    I never got the french fries dipped in Frosties/ice cream... all my friends in HS raved about it, I tried it... not impressed. I don't get it.
This discussion has been closed.