Falling off the wagon

Options
I have been doing this for almost a week. I was under my calories every day, sometimes by a lot. Every day I ran for thirty minutes. I also lifted hand weights to strengthen my ams some of those days.

Today I went out to eat with a friend. I was careful to order healthy things and I got a doggie bag for half my food. We ate at a delicious restaurant and had a great time. I wasn't expecting to go out to eat. It was a last minute thing so I didn't plan for it. I ate a normal sized breakfast and lunch. I also had some snacks. I was expecting to have a small dinner at home. We ended up spending so much time out that I didn't have time to exercise when i got home. When I put in my calories, I find that I'm over and it really annoys me. Especially since my friend and I went shopping and found a really cute dress but it was to tight in the largest size they had. My goal is to lose 80 pounds to get to my ideal weight.

I know I shouldn't beat myself up about slipping for one day. I will be back on track tomorrow. How does everyone feel about gong over their calorie limit?

Replies

• xraychick77
    xraychick77 Posts: 1,775 Member
    Options
    pfft..dont worry about it..all last week was my vacation...shoot i ate like a hog, drank beer and only worked out a few times.

ps i only gained like 1 lb...but i think its mostly bloat. lol. or hopefully muscle.
  • Brooke1542
    Brooke1542 Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    I personally go over at least once a week, especially when I drink. For me, losing weight is something I am doing to make my life better, but it's not worth it if I can't enjoy life! Just take it one day at a time, and tomorrow exercise a little bit longer.

You defintely aren't falling off the wagon if you logged in to add in the food you ate. Falling off the wagon is when you stop logging in and trying at all.

Good luck!
  • oksuga
    oksuga Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    One bad day won't ruin a week of hard work,Just get back on track tomorrow.Everything will be fine.:smile:
  • Kellee_76
    Kellee_76 Posts: 91
    Options
    Don't worry about it. I have lots of "bad" days and I'm still successful over all. Just have a lot of good days in between your bad days and everything will work out fine :) When you eat something you didn't plan for, just get right back on track at the next meal. It happens :)
  • HerBravado
    HerBravado Posts: 392 Member
    Options
    It used to realllly bother me when I first started out...but now I don't fret too much over it.
    In fact, I allow myself one day a week to cheat...so I can go over my regular amount about 300-500 calories. :)
    As long as it's not done as a daily thing...you're totally fine.
    One day won't mess your journey up!
    Good luck. :D
  • a_freeman
    a_freeman Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    You're in it for the long run. One bad day makes little difference. The fun time you had tonight trumps the few extra calories for the day
  • pdxscarlett
    pdxscarlett Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Try to remember that this is a life style change and not a diet. This won't be the first time you go over and you shouldn't feel to guilty as long as you keep trying and don't do it every day ;0) I still go over more than I like sometimes but I'm still here, still trying and improving my health every day.

Good luck, we're here for ya

~S