wow! burned 3380 cals today!

Options
Really! In 5 hrs +, Ezzie and I hiked around a mountain, went under a mine, and Geocached. What a holiday! So even after I logged everything I ate and drank, I still have 3,000 calories to consume tonight? Yeah right, lol! Ain't gonna happen. But we've been having a wonderful time, and will share more when we get home. Miss all you wonderful peeps... luvya and hugz! Oh cal, keep the sparkle kilt in good condition, I'll retrieve it tommorow night or Tue morning, lol! :tongue:

Replies

• jamerz3294
    jamerz3294 Posts: 1,824 Member
    Options
    Really! In 5 hrs +, Ezzie and I hiked around a mountain, went under a mine, and Geocached. What a holiday! So even after I logged everything I ate and drank, I still have 3,000 calories to consume tonight? Yeah right, lol! Ain't gonna happen. But we've been having a wonderful time, and will share more when we get home. Miss all you wonderful peeps... luvya and hugz! Oh cal, keep the sparkle kilt in good condition, I'll retrieve it tommorow night or Tue morning, lol! :tongue:
  • ali106
    ali106 Posts: 3,754 Member
    Options
    Jamerz!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I wish you guys were closer I'd make you and Ezzie my tiramisu! that would help lessen the cals you needed for the day! lol

good job you two and we miss you guys sooo much...be safe but hurry home!!!:heart:

hugs to you both!!!
    Ali ps....the Pit needs your sunshiney self...they're fighting over everything these days...who does the best turn on the cat walk......who used the last of the lotion...sigh its bad....do hurry!!!

:laugh:
  • BrandNewLaura
    BrandNewLaura Posts: 1,650 Member
    Options

ahhhh I looooove GeoCaching! so much fun! did you guys find anything super cool? One of the ones I found was hidden in a fence...it was a super tiny tube with just a list of those who had found it...and another one was a doll with a big metal clip in her head!
  • shorerider
    shorerider Posts: 3,817 Member
    Options
    I tried geocaching but never could find the dang things. :grumble:
  • OomarianneoO
    OomarianneoO Posts: 689 Member
    Options

ahhhh I looooove GeoCacheing! so much fun! did you guys find anything super cool? One of the ones I found was hiddin in a fence...it was a super tiny tube with just a list of those who had found it...and one was a doll with a big metal clip in her head!

I have no idea what GeoCacheing is. Sounds like a scavenger hunt. What's it all about?

Jamerz and Ezzie - a couple of nice glasses of red wine comes to mind. But then again, that might lead to more calories burned later on...2010.gif
  • shorerider
    Options
    People leave little things in hidden spots and then posts clues on line. YOu have to go to the site and use the clues to find it. So kind of like hunting treasure, yeah. You're supposed to take something from the box or tube or whatever is hidden and then leave something in its place--some little trinket or something.
  • BrandNewLaura
    Options
    I have no idea what GeoCacheing is. Sounds like a scavenger hunt. What's it all about?

It is sort of like a scavenger hunt...I never did it by myself (always had more experienced friends with me) so I may not be able to explain it perfectly, but basically you get coordinates online where people have put their item or whatever...and you use a GPS to find it...so you can go online and download a bunch of coordinates in your town and the GPS will lead you to them...it's very cool...
  • OomarianneoO
    OomarianneoO Posts: 689 Member
    Options

It is sort of like a scavenger hunt...I never did it by myself (always had more experienced friends with me) so I may not be able to explain it perfectly, but basically you get coordinates online where people have put their item or whatever...and you use a GPS to find it...so you can go online and download a bunch of coordinates in your town and the GPS will lead you to them...it's very cool...

WOW! I vaguely remember hearing about something like that. Sounds like loads of fun! Where does one go get started?

P.S. Shorerider - didn't get a chance to say it before, but it's nice to finally be able to put a face with all of your great advice and knowledge. :smile:
  • shorerider
    Options
    WOW! I vaguely remember hearing about something like that. Sounds like loads of fun! Where does one go get started?

P.S. Shorerider - didn't get a chance to say it before, but it's nice to finally be able to put a face with all of your great advice and knowledge. :smile:

Thanks!

And check out this site: http://www.geocaching.com/
  • BrandNewLaura
    Options

I agree!
  • Ezzie
    Ezzie Posts: 665 Member
    Options

First....I agree, it's great to put a smile with the name, sure looks like you're having FUN!!!
    Second... You guys are in BIG trouble.....getting Jamez talking about Geocaching, OMG...you've opened the floodgates...::laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: (yak,yak,yak.......) But I'll let him take care of that, just better keep someone with a big net ready to drag hime back to the pit!!!!

( Yes, I enjoy it as well.....BUT....he's the caching guru...I'm just along to burn the calories!!!:bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: .)
    ezzie
  • pecksun8
    Options
    Ohh, let him, this is really cool. Why haven't I heard anything about this? When did this stuff become popular? Oh,man my daughter and I could have done this this summer along all of our trips around Florida! I feel like I am always a day late and a dollar short.

Let Jamez talk away I want to learn as much as I can!

I feel so lost sometimes, because for a while when I was in school, I never did anything but schoolwork! I didn't even want to get on a computer after school or school work! I feel so out of touch with all the acronyms and computer slang!