Didnt even know....

Options
OK, so I was quite surprised this week when I weighed myself and discovered that I had reached my goal weight (78kg’s)

My journey has been a long one, going back many years of trying too lose weight, but really lacking motivation. When I joined MFP at the end of Feb ’11 - that when things turned around for me.

A few years ago we moved countries and I really put on the weight – about 20kg’s in a year all up. Mainly from going from a really active lifestyle to an inactive one, too much food, too much alcohol – the result was this:

Start.jpg

Weight : around 100kg’s
Waist: No idea – too scared to measure
Hips: see above ^^

I then moved country again – to a warmer climate – which meant I was getting more active. I started to lose weight – very slowly – I lost around 4kg’s over a year. Last year in December I went for a health check-up – and was basically told that my cholesterol levels were as bad as you could get – or there about – even though I had then lost about 11kg’s by then. I was also told that my BMI was over 28 – yikes! Hate to think what it was before.

This gave me the kick in the butt that I needed and I started exercising – I started losing weight and inches, but the progress was slow. I stumbled onto MFP when I realised that I really needed to start getting control over the foods I was eating – although I was exercising I hadn’t really changed my diet. So, in February 2011 I started MFP, and I was:

Weight: 89kg’s
Waist: 100cm’s
Hips: 99cm

A week in I decided to start taking pictures and measurements:

1week.jpg

Weight: 88kg’s
Waist: 99.5cm
Hips: 98cm

Currently:

goal.jpg

Weight: 78kg’s
Waist: 91 cm
Hips: 90 cm

This is my belt, first red line is where I used to wear it, second is where I wear it now:

belt.jpg

I did a triathlon 2 weeks ago – just a sprint – 400m swim, 10km cycle and 4km run. I finished in a time of 51min 43sec – which was about 7 min faster than the goal I had set.

What worked for me?
I didn’t join a gym, but I did exercise 5 days a week. A combination of interval training – running, pushups and dips and good all round mix of healthy foods. I didn’t go ultra-extreme - I left myself treats for example – but focused more on healthier food combinations, the right size in portion sizes, water intake.

Now that I have reached my goal weight, the plan is to continue to train, but I am going to focus on muscle strength and definition then go from there!

Replies

• joamarelo
    joamarelo Posts: 161
    Options
    Congratulations!
  • Life0nMars86
    Life0nMars86 Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    Wtg!! Congrats on your success!!! Keep up the great work! :flowerforyou:
  • MeButterfly
    Options
    Awesome job, congratulations! I hope I get there one day. Just having all the support from this community gives me alot of motivation.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!