Hi There. :)

Options
Good morning everyone, I'm Quieas!

I've joined MFP as I would very much like to loose weight before I go on Holiday in July and go back to school in August.

Today, for the first time, I attempted to go on a run and I realised that I could not even run for 5 minutes without being out of breath! I think that was the ultimate wakeup call that I needed to get into better shape!

Hope you all are doing wonderfully with your goals! I know I can not wait to reach mine. :D

Replies

• TamiLinc
    TamiLinc Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Everyone has to start somewhere!! Even you attempting to go for a run and maybe you didnt go as far as you wanted you atleast got up and did it. That to me is the hardest part and if you keep it up, you will be able to look back at that 5 mins and laugh!!! Im oproud of you and your 5 mins!!! Im going to add you!
  • SportyLadyPhotographer
    Options
    Its the first push into getting fit thats the best. I had the same aim as you and will add you
    I still trying to build up my running xx
  • Quieas
    Quieas Posts: 23
    Options
    Thank you both so very much! You two put a smile on my face. :D
  • YviKS
    YviKS Posts: 4
    Options
    Hi I just joined and am hoping this will be a helpful tool in my weight loss journey....I need to lose 30 lbs to start. My ultimate goal is to lose 80 lbs....total. I'm trying to get pregnant and my doc said I need to lose at least 30lbs. I'd like to try to lose more before I get pregnant. Anyway, my short term goal is to drop 30 lbs in 3 months. Today is Day 1....Here we go!!!!!
  • Quieas
    Quieas Posts: 23
    Options
    I'm rooting for you YViKS! :D
  • apeydawn
    apeydawn Posts: 52
    Options
    every 5 minutes counts. Just never give up before you know that 5 minutes will be comes 6 and you'll continue to move up! Good for you!!!
  • Mad_Dog_Muscle
    Mad_Dog_Muscle Posts: 1,251 Member
    Options
    Everyone has to start somewhere!! Even you attempting to go for a run and maybe you didnt go as far as you wanted you atleast got up and did it. That to me is the hardest part and if you keep it up, you will be able to look back at that 5 mins and laugh!!! Im oproud of you and your 5 mins!!! Im going to add you!

Well said.... we all start somewhere!