What has made you smile today?

Options
2»

Replies

• Quieas
    Quieas Posts: 23
    Options
    What made me really smile, and laugh, was looking outside and seeing one of my cats laying on her back in a strip of bright sunlight. I am a firm believer that Cats and Dogs can smile and boy did she have a grin on her face! :bigsmile:
  • skittybang
    skittybang Posts: 1,525 Member
    Options
    Driving to work with my hubs... funniest car ride ever. When he pulled up to my work, he opens the window to yell out "Now you have a nice day at school... did you remember your lunch? Don't talk to strangers!" and drove off which resulted in odd looks from my coworkers.
  • DESIREE1210
    DESIREE1210 Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    Lost 5#'s this week at my Weight in.
  • SweetLe
    SweetLe Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    The look he gave me this morning :love:
  • TheGoktor
    TheGoktor Posts: 1,138 Member
    Options
    Being well enough to go out for a run this morning, doing said run not only with ease but for more distance, then later discovering that I have dropped a jeans size! All pretty self-indulgent stuff but made me smile anyway! :bigsmile:
  • ktieman
    ktieman Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    :laugh: Reading all these other posts. :->
  • flausa
    flausa Posts: 534 Member
    Options
    I picked my almost 5-year-old up from nursery and met with a bit of a grump when I told him that we had to go straight home because I had a load of groceries. But then he and my 2-year-old daughter decided to help me unpack the groceries. They both got really excited when they saw all the different foods, but especially all the lovely fruits and vegetables. My boy said, "yay! vegetables! They'll help me be fast and strong." I'm still smiling an hour later. :happy:
  • TheGoktor
    Options
    I picked my almost 5-year-old up from nursery and met with a bit of a grump when I told him that we had to go straight home because I had a load of groceries. But then he and my 2-year-old daughter decided to help me unpack the groceries. They both got really excited when they saw all the different foods, but especially all the lovely fruits and vegetables. My boy said, "yay! vegetables! They'll help me be fast and strong." I'm still smiling an hour later. :happy:

What an absolute sweetie! Is he a fan of Sportacus too? :smile:
  • PeachyKeene
    PeachyKeene Posts: 1,645 Member
    Options
    When my husband grabbed me as I was standing in front of him, he was sitting on the bed and he could almost wrap his one arm around my waist.
  • Karleyyy
    Karleyyy Posts: 857
    Options
    The day just started...so I'm going to go with koosdel doing the Carlton dance.
  • flausa
    flausa Posts: 534 Member
    Options

What an absolute sweetie! Is he a fan of Sportacus too? :smile:

Oddly enough he's never really taken to Lazy Town, but he loves the notion of superheroes in general. In fact, that brings back another of today's smiles. He wants to be a superhero when he grows up, but says he won't be a superhero until he flies. Today, we were discussing gravity (as you do), and once he got the basic idea, he said, "oh, so that's why I can't fly."
  • TheGoktor
    Options
    Oddly enough he's never really taken to Lazy Town, but he loves the notion of superheroes in general. In fact, that brings back another of today's smiles. He wants to be a superhero when he grows up, but says he won't be a superhero until he flies. Today, we were discussing gravity (as you do), and once he got the basic idea, he said, "oh, so that's why I can't fly."

Aaahh but.....and this is something Kevin and I were discussing the other day......when you are running, there are times when both feet are off the ground, so if you add all those brief seconds up, then technically it could be said that you flew for X number of minutes during a (long) run! I think that's pretty superhero-ish, don't you?! :laugh:

BTW, I wanted to be Thor when I was a child! I had a tablecloth cloak, a mallet for Mjollnir, and I took the ears out of my brother's Mickey Mouse hat and replaced them with cardboard wings I'd made! Rawr! :bigsmile:
  • FTIM2015
    FTIM2015 Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    BTW, I wanted to be Thor when I was a child! I had a tablecloth cloak, a mallet for Mjollnir, and I took the ears out of my brother's Mickey Mouse hat and replaced them with cardboard wings I'd made! Rawr! :bigsmile:

hehe love it!