Any Suggestions on lower ab work......

Options
I have one hip that is fused which means it doesn't bend. So I can't really do the normal lower ab crunch. but as i've lost a little weight i've noticed this pouch in my lower ab and I'd really love to find some exercises to help tone it. Any suggestions?

Replies

• OLP76
    OLP76 Posts: 768 Member
    Options
    Cardio & strength trainin' & eatin' clean - will help bash the layers of fat on top of your lower ab area...

We all have abs - but they are just covered by layers of fat...

You can look up moves on youtube.
  • rfcollins33
    rfcollins33 Posts: 630
    Options
    reverse crunches. lay down, put your fingers behind your ears, or if you have to put arms down by your side (slightly under your butt if you need to) and put your legs bent in a 90 degree angle, then lift the legs up and your butt off the ground slightly. There's also bicycle crunches with your legs out in a 90 degree angle, fingers behind ears, then push one leg out straight while you bring up that side's arm up and across as well. I got both of these moves off of 30DS from Jillian Michaels. I'm sure you can google reverse crunch or bicycle crunch if my explanation isn't clear. Hope that helps
  • tjradd73
    tjradd73 Posts: 3,495 Member
    Options
    to get rid of the fat the only option is cardio and losing weight!

to tone the lower abs I would suggest: LEG DROPS-lay on back and bring feet up parallel to ceiling then drop straight legs down within a couple inches of the floor...to make this more difficult, have someone stand by your head, grab their ankles, and have them push your legs down and then you bring them back to start. also TOE DIPS-lay on back knees bent to a 90 degree angle, feet parallel to the wall, drop one toe down within an inch of the floor, bring back to start and then repeat with other leg. Lastly PELVIC LIFTS-lay on back, knees bent, feet flat on floor...lift pelvis all the way up hold for 3 seconds and bring back to within an inch of the floor, repeat!

hopefully these will help (if you can understand them by the decriptions)!! and good luck :)