Sick hubby. Please HELP!

Options
Hi. My hubby decided to embark on a new healthier WOE with me. We've only been at it for two weeks, but in this two weeks, he's had NO sugar and NO junk whatsoever. Tonight he went and ate 2 packs (4 cookies total) of Oreo Cakesters and now he is sick as a dog. We're talking cramps, diarrhea, vomiting, the whole nine! We know it has to be the cookies because he got sick literally 5 minutes after eating them. Has anybody been through this before. What can I do to help him feel a little better?

Replies

• LovelyLady1977
    Options
    Hi. My hubby decided to embark on a new healthier WOE with me. We've only been at it for two weeks, but in this two weeks, he's had NO sugar and NO junk whatsoever. Tonight he went and ate 2 packs (4 cookies total) of Oreo Cakesters and now he is sick as a dog. We're talking cramps, diarrhea, vomiting, the whole nine! We know it has to be the cookies because he got sick literally 5 minutes after eating them. Has anybody been through this before. What can I do to help him feel a little better?
  • pmkelly409
    pmkelly409 Posts: 1,653 Member
    Options
    Oh this happens to me all the time!

Mylanta, Pepto or something similar and time - Good Luck to both of you!!

My doctor also told me to follow the BRAT diet - Bananas, Rice, Applesauce and Toast.
  • jlwhelan1
    Options
    Aww, poor guy.
  • Phoenix_Rising
    Phoenix_Rising Posts: 11,417 Member
    Options
    Poor guy!!! However, this lesson will stick with him for a long time and help him in the long run, I'm sure! Hope he feels better soon!!
  • metco89
    metco89 Posts: 578 Member
    Options
    It will pass and a lesson will be learned if he is anything like me. I have been on a low fat diet with dr. approval and the couple times i went off of it and ate high fat foods i had the same thing happen. My dr. told me well then maybe u won't keep doing that cause if u do thats is what will happen, your body is not used to that anymore. and WOW she is right imagine that hope your hubby feels better soon:flowerforyou:
  • JMAMA
    JMAMA Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    I wish that would happen to me when I eat too much junk-then maybe i wouldn't eat it!!!! I hope he has a quick recovery-no more cakesters (i've never tried those before, but the do sound dangerous!:laugh: )!!!
  • Quenofcrazzy
    Options
    NO MORE CAKESTERS!! Tell him that his body does not like high sugar, high fat food anymore.

He is just going to have to let his body get rid of the stuff before he is normal again. Lots of plain toast and saltine crackers..
  • tamifanny
    Options
    That's happened to me since I've been eating healthy.

One day I binged on Susy Q's from the Hostess Store and was sick with Stomach Cramping, Hot Flashes & The D word. Well it's the High Fat in the Cakes or Cookies. I took some Pink Pepto Pills and Prayed to God (Not Kidding) I thought I was going to die... the cramping was so so seriously bad:sick:

Poor Guy. I tried my breathing like when your in Labor Pains? Lamaze (sp?) Have him breath to concentrate on something other than the pain.

Hope this helps a little:sad:
  • LovelyLady1977
    Options
    Thanks, guys, for all your help! I went out and get him some Pepto Bismol. He took some of that, but threw some of it back up a little while ago. He's still wretching and writhing in pain, but he says he's feeling a tiny bit better. I have NEVER seen him this sick. Hopefully, this will teach him a lesson!

Thanks again! You guys are the GREATEST!
  • LovelyLady1977
    Options
    Oh this happens to me all the time!

OMG, you go through this all the time!!! You're a STRONG woman!:laugh:
  • Fitness_Chick
    Fitness_Chick Posts: 6,648 Member
    Options
    :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: and more water as dehydration can happen quickly when our body responds in that way...glad he's feeling a wee bit better at least.

On a good note...pretty great that he was basically detoxed in mere 2 weeks!!:smile:

:drinker:
    :drinker:
  • GoGetterMom
    GoGetterMom Posts: 852 Member
    Options
    Poor guy! I can relate - any sugar in me (same thing happens). Water:drinker: , water:drinker: , water:drinker: Pepto (I personally prefer Papaya Enzymes) helps, but since his body has experienced a bit of a clean life, this could happen again in the future. I feel so bad for him! Hope he feels better soon!