Chocolate Cravings

emilybrittain
emilybrittain Posts: 31
edited September 27 in Food and Nutrition
Ok so looking for some help with those chocolate/sweet tooth cravings!

Any suggestions?

Replies

• Shweedog
    Shweedog Posts: 883 Member
    Deep chocolate vitalicious vita top muffin tops. 100 calories.
  • DrBorkBork
    DrBorkBork Posts: 4,099 Member
    supplementing magnesium citrate has pretty much killed my chocoholism
  • funfitfoodie
    funfitfoodie Posts: 630 Member
    dark chocolate (70% or more), bananas, strawberries, red grapes, anything yogurt coated
  • dad106
    dad106 Posts: 4,868 Member
    Skinny Cow Chocolate Truffle Bars.. they are amazing!

Also a few Hershey Kisses or half a chocolate bar always does the trick for me and doesn't totally undo my day!
  • MicMar66
    MicMar66 Posts: 186 Member
    I've been eating "No Sugar Added" Fudgesicles. They are 40 calories for one. Thankfully this has worked extremely well for me!
  • Edestiny7
    Edestiny7 Posts: 730 Member
    I eat one square of Endangered Species 70% Dark Chocolate each day. That is the amount that is recommended for health benefits and it is sooo delicious!
  • skrupka
    skrupka Posts: 8
    Snack size milky way, snickers, twix, etc. I think the most calories in these is 80.
  • marnieinMB
    marnieinMB Posts: 196 Member
    Chocolate rice cakes
  • SMessick18
    SMessick18 Posts: 1 Member
    I use the Fiber One 90 calorie Chocolate and/or Chocolate Peanut Butter bars. The Fiber One 90 calorie brownies are good too.
  • wewon
    wewon Posts: 838 Member
    Buy a hershey bar, break it up into it's little segments and put 2-3 of those in a zip lock baggy in your purse.

Pop one in whenever you get hit with a craving. This also works with hershey kisses.

The problem with cravings is that your body will usually be satisfied with a small amount, but people tend to go overboard when a craving hits. I.e. getting a salt craving and hitting up McDonalds for a meal instead of snacking on a pretzel or two.
  • xoTLCxo
    xoTLCxo Posts: 185 Member
    I purchase my favorite kinds ( chocolate raisins, macaroons etc) put them in snack size bags... but only put HALF the serving size in the bag.. so if its 40 pieces for 200 cals.. i will put 20 pieces and for 100 cals...
    kozy shak also has no sugar added chocolate and chocolate mint puddings... they are around 70 cals and also have 3 grams of fiber :)
  • swebb1103
    swebb1103 Posts: 200 Member
    Special K cereal with chocolate pieces.... with a glass of ice cold milk, it's almost as good as a chocolate chip cookie!

Hershey Kisses. I ration mine out - 2 a day - keeps the chocolate monster at bay!
  • MinnieInMaine
    MinnieInMaine Posts: 6,400 Member
    For general sweet cravings, fruit (usually banana or orange) or a special K chocolatey pretzel bar will do the trick.

For chocolate cravings, I try to stick to dark chocolate because it seems to be more fulfilling to me. In a pinch, I get the Hershey's mini bars that are in the candy store here at work. On the weekends, I treat myself to a bar of Lindt's 70% line. YUM!
  • cocobeenie
    cocobeenie Posts: 98
    I've been experimenting with hersheys unsweetened cocoa powder in my shakes and oatmeal. One tbs is only 10 calories, its more than enough to make anything super chocolately, and its good for your circulation.

Cocoa powder in oatmeal tastes just like cocoa crispies!

Blend half a cup of plain yogurt, a heaping tsp (or more) of cocoa powder, a banana, and a tbs of peanut butter and freeze for a few hours for a really good chunky monkey fro yo!
  • Thanks everyone - it seems that a little goes a long way!
  • Qarol
    Qarol Posts: 6,171 Member
    I keep milk chocolate chips on hand for such cravings. A small handful seems to do the trick for me.
  • bhawkins0617
    bhawkins0617 Posts: 46 Member
    I think high quality dark chocolate curbs my cravings way better than milk chocolate (such as Hershey's or Reese's). I like Lindt dark chocolate, particularly dark with a touch of sea salt. It gets my salty/sweet craving knocked out with one punch. I usually have 1 square a day.
  • kdiamond
    kdiamond Posts: 3,329 Member
    Try the Emerald Cocoa Roasted Dark Chocolate almonds. They are to die for and good for you!

If that doesn't work, I like the sugar free dark chocolate puddings.

If all else fails, the Dove dark chocolate promises at 45 calories each are wonderful!
This discussion has been closed.