Thinking...

Options
This past week has been not my best. I did a lot of celebrating (which included a lot of mindless eating) and for the life of me, I just couldn’t move. I felt as though someone had sucked every ounce of energy out of my body and I just couldn’t function and I was left with nothing (I didn’t even want to craft and I love that)

Over the past couple of days I’ve been thinking about what’s going on with me—I did get myself up and on a bike ride at 6 am yesterday and today I did a bit of yoga with my Wii Fit trainer (my Wii age was 44 and I turned 34 last week) But what was I saying? I’m trying to figure out what is going on inside my head and inside my body. I was thinking that I need to get back on that wagon—then I thought, I’ve been on the wagon, it’s time I get off and get moving, I just need to find something to make that click sound go off in my head and figure out how to get my body moving along with it.

This is the first week that I have gained weight in the nine weeks I’ve been on this journey—I know that my lack of movement and lack of thought put into eating is why—and I know that a gain of only one pound is not a big deal. I’m not down about that—I think I’ve been doing a good job, sigh—just wish I knew how or what is shackling me right now.

Replies

• stacystar
    stacystar Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    This past week has been not my best. I did a lot of celebrating (which included a lot of mindless eating) and for the life of me, I just couldn’t move. I felt as though someone had sucked every ounce of energy out of my body and I just couldn’t function and I was left with nothing (I didn’t even want to craft and I love that)

Over the past couple of days I’ve been thinking about what’s going on with me—I did get myself up and on a bike ride at 6 am yesterday and today I did a bit of yoga with my Wii Fit trainer (my Wii age was 44 and I turned 34 last week) But what was I saying? I’m trying to figure out what is going on inside my head and inside my body. I was thinking that I need to get back on that wagon—then I thought, I’ve been on the wagon, it’s time I get off and get moving, I just need to find something to make that click sound go off in my head and figure out how to get my body moving along with it.

This is the first week that I have gained weight in the nine weeks I’ve been on this journey—I know that my lack of movement and lack of thought put into eating is why—and I know that a gain of only one pound is not a big deal. I’m not down about that—I think I’ve been doing a good job, sigh—just wish I knew how or what is shackling me right now.
  • faythe
    faythe Posts: 245
    Options
    I know how this feels. In my house, I have every possible tool to get going. I don't even have the excuse of needing to go somewhere to work out. I have Wii Fit (which is a great motivator for me - I love to see the numbers go down and I hate to see the numbers go up), 2 different yoga for weight loss DVDs, and an elliptical trainer to do my intense cardio. I have Biggest Loser fitness program books and a couple different work-out outfits that make me feel trim and sexy. But sometimes, the motivation just isn't there, and that's okay.

Sometimes, especially now that fall is approaching, these things happen. The mood changes as the weather changes. The important thing is to PAY ATTENTION to what your body is telling you. Investigate why you feel the way you do. Is it just the weather? Are you stressed and, therefore, feeling too strained to exercise? Have you put too much stress on your body and it's telling you to rest and rebuild before you start exercising vigorously again? Somewhere in there is a signal. Somewhere in there, you know what's going on and why your motivation is gone. Just find out what it is and find a way to overcome it. If it's the weather, buy a new zip-up work-out jacket so that you want to get outside and show it off. If it's stress, do yoga and meditate (You said you had Wii Fit, you can do both with this amazing "game"!). If it's your body's limitations, do small things (hold your ab muscles tight throughout the day, park a little further from the grocery store, etc.) to get yourself conditioned again. Whatever it is, there's a cure for it.

I'm sorry that this turned out to be so long, but I felt like you really needed the encouragement.

Cheers! This really does get better and you're definitely not alone.
  • stacystar
    stacystar Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    Thank you so much--just what I needed. I think you are right--on many accounts. I did some yoga and took a nice bath and I'm going to listen to some guided meditation so I can get some of the clutter out of my head and have a new outlook tomorrow. Thanks again.