MFP doesn't like going under goal...

Options
I've just completed a food entry for today (completed it in advance of supper so I know I'm within calories) and MFP has told me I'm undereating - I'm only -13 for the day - hardly a biggy (1187) and provided a big lecture on starvation mode etc

Does MFP prefer you to go a little over than a little under??

Replies

• hollyb9871
    hollyb9871 Posts: 401 Member
    Options
    It will 'yell' at you for being under 1200 calories. You really don't want to be under that base number. If you were set at only trying to lose 1/2 to 1 lb. a week you would have more calories to work with and if you were under 1400 calories by only 13 or so it wouldn't complain.
  • hockeyman28
    hockeyman28 Posts: 136
    Options
    you get that notice when you net under 1200. Not sure what your specifics are, but maybe that is healthy for you.
  • DKev
    DKev Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    If I understand correctly 1200 calories a day is the minimum for anyone....they're just trying to prevent you from going into starvation mode as this will hinder your weight loss.
  • MFP1984
    MFP1984 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Thanks. I have it set to lose 1.5lbs a week so it has recommended 1200. I could do with losing 'an amount' quite quickly as it's my friends wedding soon and need to fit into the bridesmaid dress again - non negotiable!!!

I would be balancing it with exercise and eating those exercise calories but not felt too good the last few days.