Have anyone tried the 17 day diet?

Options
I am starting the 17 day diet and any advice, recipes or tips are greatly appreciated. Hoping to lose some weight before I turn 40 in about 70 days

Replies

• rosieflo
    rosieflo Posts: 218
    Options
    I did the 17 day diet. And while, honestly, I didn't finish it, it really did help me learn some great strategies for getting in food without a ton of sugar. I have type 2 diabetes, and my daily sugar intake was always super high. I'm planning on doing the 17 day diet, first cycle again sometime in the near future. It just give me a chance to see rapid results, but it hasn't come back on, because I stay within my calories after I finish.
    I'm not gonna lie though, it was hard. And I was super crabby for a while. But, i notices a huge difference in how I felt, and now what I eat. :)
  • rfcollins33
    rfcollins33 Posts: 630
    Options
    No, I gotta say I'm a little skeptical of any plan with the word "diet" in it. I just want to make changes that will last and not do anything that will end and probably end in gaining whatever weight I lost back.
  • sabrinalg
    sabrinalg Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    I was going to ask the same thing! I'm starting it today, and hopefully I can stick to it. I'm trying to kick my habit of eating junk food and I think this is definitely going to put me on the right track. You don't count calories on this diet, but I think I'm still going to log my food because I like to see numbers, lol.
  • rosieflo
    rosieflo Posts: 218
    Options
    No, I gotta say I'm a little skeptical of any plan with the word "diet" in it. I just want to make changes that will last and not do anything that will end and probably end in gaining whatever weight I lost back.

I was really skeptical at first too...but I just used it as a tool to retrain my body. It jumped start some weight loss for me, but more importantly, it helped me learn some new ways of eating. I wish the name wasn't so "hoaxy" because it really is a good eating plan/tool.
  • Contrary03
    Contrary03 Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    Look up the post ~ 17DD - Part 3... there are alot of people doing it, with great results too:) I started~ lasted 11 days, was losing a pound a day at first, then fell off the wagon due to stress. It isn't a "fad" diet, and no one should be afraid of the word "diet", because anything we consume is called our "diet" lol Good luck!~
  • rfcollins33
    rfcollins33 Posts: 630
    Options

I was really skeptical at first too...but I just used it as a tool to retrain my body. It jumped start some weight loss for me, but more importantly, it helped me learn some new ways of eating. I wish the name wasn't so "hoaxy" because it really is a good eating plan/tool.

@rosie thanks for that info! I see what you mean.
    @contrary, I think you know what I meant. I know what diet means, but normally these days, diet refers to some "miracle fix" or whatever.
  • ncrenshaw
    ncrenshaw Posts: 6
    Options
    Bought the book, read it and liked it. It is a very doable plan and explains how to maintain for life.
    My issue was that I started the diet during the same time I was in a weight loss contest at the gym and it became difficult to get through Phase I (limited carbs after 2pm) with the frequency and intensity of my workouts. So I modified the paln to accomodate my sometimes twice a day exercise regimen.

The plan is to retry the diet as wriiten when the contest is over and I'm not feeling so competitively inclined to work out as hard.
    It is rare to see a case where someone did not lose weight on the 17 Day diet as a plus its not a starvation diet, to felt very satisfied and the plan is very reasonable to follow.-- Nothing too crazy and the book includes a lifestyle maintenance plan to avoid regaining --In reviews, everyone seems to like the results.

If you decide to try -- good luck !
  • michfitzhome
    michfitzhome Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    so far day one has been not so bad. i need something that is more restrictive than say ww. i need to be told you cannot eat something of i just eat all day, i am also counting my calories b/c i think just as important