Bout to explode

Options
:explode: I have got to get a grip on eating at night :explode: :explode: :explode: :explode: , I have tried everything, I tried being on the computer at night, but I have to get up @ 4:45 am to get my 12 year old up for school, or he will not get up, see I do great allllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll day, but when night falls, well it's over, maybe I will start taking a warm bath before I go to bed, maybe that will work, any suggestions???????????????? Thanks foe listening :smile:

Replies

• Sage309
    Options
    :explode: I have got to get a grip on eating at night :explode: :explode: :explode: :explode: , I have tried everything, I tried being on the computer at night, but I have to get up @ 4:45 am to get my 12 year old up for school, or he will not get up, see I do great allllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll day, but when night falls, well it's over, maybe I will start taking a warm bath before I go to bed, maybe that will work, any suggestions???????????????? Thanks foe listening :smile:
  • skermit23
    Options
    Resolve not to eat late in the day or after dinner.

Distract yourself -- take the dog for a walk, curl up with a good book, or relax in a hot bath.

Satisfy your cravings with a low calorie alternative like herbal tea, a handful of veggies, or a piece of fruit.

Increase the fiber in your diet, especially at dinner. Try adding beans or whole grains to keep you feeling full.

Increase the protein in your dinner. Recent research suggests that protein has the greatest staying power to keep hunger at bay.

Limit all eating to the kitchen or dining room, and always eat while sitting down at the table. This helps curb "eating amnesia," that mindless munching in front of the television.

Eat slowly and savor the taste of your food. Give yourself 15 to 20 minutes for your brain to get the signal that you have had enough.

Start your day with breakfast. People who skip breakfast are more likely to snack impulsively on calorie-laden foods.

Let your journal be your friend. Use your diet journal to help you track your meals and keep you on target with your eating plan.
    Drink plenty of water. Not only will it help you stay hydrated, it will give you something to do with your hands and mouth.

Here's one more important consideration: Make sure you have not cut your calorie intake so low that you are starving at night. You may need to bump up your daytime calories a bit to stave off late-night hunger. But before you create a new eating plan, make sure that your urge to eat at night is really hunger -- not boredom or just habit.

Gd luck hun :flowerforyou: