"Melted" Chicken

Options
blink14
blink14 Posts: 57 Member
Dubbed "Melted" Chicken by my brother, this is a healthy, 300-350 calorie meal that my family makes all the time, and its super easy.

For myself, I use 4 chicken thighs, 2 red potatoes that are about the size of apples, 6-8 carrots depending on thickness, half an onion, 2 garlic cloves.

Rinse and season chicken with pepper and salt (I go light on the salt). Drizzle olive oil on the bottom of glass baking dish. Place thighs evenly spread out in the dish. Cube or slice potatoes, spread evenly around chicken. Add in the chopped carrots and onions. Drizzle olive oil over top of everything, add more pepper (I like ALOT of pepper). Add a small amount of butter to the top of each thigh (I split a tablespoon in 4). Add in garlic as you see fit, I like to put mine underneath each of the thighs.

Finally, pour in either about 2 cups of water or chicken broth (I use all natural, low sodium). Bake at either 325 for about 3-3 1/2 hours or at 350 for 2 and a half hours, covered. I remove the foil for the last 10-15 minutes to crisp up the chicken skin a bit.

I divide this into 4 servings, 1 thigh per serving obviously.

Replies