Why is toast a trigger food for me and not bread?

Options
Mely
Mely Posts: 166 Member
When I eat a sandwich with toasted bread I always want more. It's seems like a trigger food. Whereas bread (though I like it) doesn't that same powerful effect on me. When I was youn, I used to come home from school and toast piece after piece and eat it with peanut butter and the like. I'd eat half a loaf of toasted bread every afternoon (luckily back then I didn't need to worry about the reprecussions).

Replies

• Mely
    Options
    When I eat a sandwich with toasted bread I always want more. It's seems like a trigger food. Whereas bread (though I like it) doesn't that same powerful effect on me. When I was youn, I used to come home from school and toast piece after piece and eat it with peanut butter and the like. I'd eat half a loaf of toasted bread every afternoon (luckily back then I didn't need to worry about the reprecussions).
  • shorerider
    shorerider Posts: 3,817 Member
    Options
    Maybe just because you like it but don't like bread??

Any carb high product will also increase your appetite.

I remember one time when I was about 9, me and a friend ate 2 whole loaves of bread making mayo sandwiches. Yes, mayo sandwiches--toast and mayo, nothing else. :frown:

Hmmmm, now let's see--how did I end up overweight?? :wink:
  • Mely
    Options
    I like bread too but it satisfies me more than toast for some reason.

Mayonaise sandwiches?? Sounds gross but my eastern European father (obm) used to eat solidified chicken fat spread on Rye bread with a slice of raw onion and a sprinkle of paprika (guess what country he was from). Wonder why he had a heart attack later in life?!?!

I used to eat tons of cinnamon toast. Smoother the toast with butter or margarine, sprinkle with brown & white sugar and cinnamon. Yum. Brings back happy memories.