"H20" Exploding the pounds - 10 Week Challenge - Week 5 & 6

Options

Replies

• Nikstergirl
    Nikstergirl Posts: 1,549 Member
    Options
    What great posts I'm reading today! Honestly, this is the best group I've found so far on MFP! Thanks for being so welcoming!!!!

April, sounds like it's time for some new friends. It's hard, but just find something you love and see if you can find others who love it too!!! Maybe it's related to exercise, or cooking, or something completely random like knitting! I have a group of local knitters I meet with on occasion and they are so much fun to hang out with!!!! Anyway, it's worth some thought, because you are worth so much more than the unhappiness you are now going through. Chin up, girl, we're here for ya!!!

Linda, where in Michigan are you going? I live on the west side, near Lake Michigan (just west of Grand Rapids!) June weddings are beautiful here in the mitten... of course, I'm a little partial!!!!

Alegria, Happy Birthday girl!!!! How awesome is it that you like to fuss, I like it too!!! I don't get dressed up often, and can't really for work, but I think next year I'm throwing myself a big party (I'll be 40 next year, yikes!) and I'm sure girly clothes will be involved!!!!

Ok, did my 5 miles this morning and felt great! I have been using the RunKeeper app on my iPhone for at least 9 months and have loved it. Somewhere else on MFP I heard there was coaching and several other features that I didn't have on my app, so I searched and the redid the app!!!! I downloaded the new version and it is AMAZING!!! Today was speedwork. Usually I guess and just run all out and then jog, repeat and then jog the last mile or whatever. Today I set it up to have me do 1/2 mile sprints... and it was awesome!!! I knew I couldn't slow down until the coach told me to!!!!! Wish I'd have found this sooner, but really glad to have it before my training begins for the half marathon!

Frustrating news of the day... hubby's muffler fell off on Monday (he's been OTR, so took it in today) and now my car's heater core is out! So, mine's now in the shop... hope to have it back tomorrow, but I think I'll be biking to work tomorrow since he may need his car! Since mine's more crucial, he's going to wait until next week. Anyway, I guess it's just money and I'm not meant to have any!!! LOL!

I'll be happy that the sun is shining, my belly is full, and my honey is home for at least today! Yup, it's a good day!
  • nursee67
    nursee67 Posts: 503
    Options

Linda, where in Michigan are you going? I live on the west side, near Lake Michigan (just west of Grand Rapids!) June weddings are beautiful here in the mitten... of course, I'm a little partial!!!!

My hubby's family has been going to Muskegon/Whitehall forever. I love that area. I have been going there for 24 years...always so peaceful. Love the lake.
  • nursee67
    Options

Today is my birthday (32) and I know it's not very "adult" to make a big deal of it, but

Damn straight make a big deal.... HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!! :flowerforyou:
  • nursee67
    Options

Nursee - Thank you! *hug* I squealed with delight when I clicked on that link, I hadn't heard about it yet! I love the idea of this show. It gives me so many ideas for my yard! Thanks so much for pointing it out!! :) I hope the one more week of light duty goes smoothly. Yay for an upcomin wedding! What are you going to wear?!

I so knew you would....
    I have to go dress shopping with my daughter...hopefully find something summery...we shall see.
  • cazzincali
    cazzincali Posts: 337 Member
    Options

Today is my birthday (32) and I know it's not very "adult" to make a big deal of it, but

Damn straight make a big deal.... HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!! :flowerforyou:

WHAT SHE SAID!!! :bigsmile:
  • Nikstergirl
    Options

My hubby's family has been going to Muskegon/Whitehall forever. I love that area. I have been going there for 24 years...always so peaceful. Love the lake.

Oh my gosh!!! That's not too far from me!!!! I grew up in Spring Lake, which is just south of Muskegon, and now live in Zeeland which is a little further south of that! It's so nice up in Whitehall too... my aunt lived there forever, but she passed a few years ago now. I love it here, even when I complain about it... it's a great place to live! Welcome!!!!! Enjoy the wedding!
  • nursee67
    Options

Oh my gosh!!! That's not too far from me!!!! I grew up in Spring Lake, which is just south of Muskegon, and now live in Zeeland which is a little further south of that! It's so nice up in Whitehall too... my aunt lived there forever, but she passed a few years ago now. I love it here, even when I complain about it... it's a great place to live! Welcome!!!!! Enjoy the wedding!

Did you ever hear of Michillinda Lodge? My husbands aunt and uncle owned for years. They have both since passed. His cousin is an optometrist there. His daughter is the one getting married...at St John's in Whitehall. Going to the new hotel they built in Muskegon. I can't wait. Unfortunately, it may be a crappy drive. I80 by my house is under destruction. But I still cannot wait to get outta here for a minute!
  • Nikstergirl
    Options

Did you ever hear of Michillinda Lodge? My husbands aunt and uncle owned for years. They have both since passed. His cousin is an optometrist there. His daughter is the one getting married...at St John's in Whitehall. Going to the new hotel they built in Muskegon. I can't wait. Unfortunately, it may be a crappy drive. I80 by my house is under destruction. But I still cannot wait to get outta here for a minute!

No, I don't know the lodge, but I think St. John's might have been where my aunt's funeral was... I can't remember. Have fun up there, I'm running a 5k downtown Muskegon on Saturday morning.. early! It will be my sisters first one, and I'm pumped! Hoping to shave off a few minutes from my last one! Good luck with the destruction... that made me smile! It's construction season here too.... icky!

Oh, and who's the optometrist? That's my biz... I'm an optician!!! Probably know them or someone who works with them... it's a small world around here!
  • nursee67
    Options

Oh, and who's the optometrist? That's my biz... I'm an optician!!! Probably know them or someone who works with them... it's a small world around here!

Dr Dave Gundersen. Had an office in Muskegon, I think he still does. Also in Whitehall or the next little town over.
  • pink_and_shiny
    pink_and_shiny Posts: 1,036 Member
    Options
    April - I'm glad you've found some clarity on your feelings. I hope everything works out well for you.

Cazz - I saw that cheer scrapbook you posted on you FB...I LOVE IT! The stitching, the embellishments, the poskets, the glitter...*sigh*. It is wonderful. That's a paper bag book, isn't it? It is too cute. You actually inspired me to make an 8x8 scrabook as a baby gift for a friend of mine. I worked in a scrabpooking store for 5 years and after a 4 year break, just started back up working there. Do you have a tutorial somewhere on how to make that lunch bag album? I need to try my hand at that.

Alegria79 - HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! If you DIDN'T live it up by getting all prettied up and putting a little spring in your step I'd be worried. Hope you had a fantastic rest of your day!

Nikster - Isn't RunKeeper coaching rad? I had plugged in the C25K times to the coaching and it totally helped me out. The GPS gets a little wonky sometimes at the track, but that's pretty much the only beef I have with it. Stupid cars; car trouble is the worst. We rely on our cars so much and they just seem to fall apart at the worst time, don't they?

nursee - As soon as you gave me that link I posted it on my FB and my Disney friends were clamoring over it. You can totally find something summery to wear! I bet you'll look fantastic. I love hearing that you and Nikster have shared ties in your state. That's so cool! I've never been to Michigan and I definitely want to visit it.

Hi guys! Holy water weight, Batman. Thursday is always my second chance weigh-in, and lordy did that Weinerschnitzel take its toll. It is sodium city in my body right now. Oh and I also had a breakfast pita from Jack in the Box (one of my fave drive-thru breakfasts) and yeah. Didn't log it since it is unofficial, but it was definitely a great remider of what fast food does to my body. So, I'm flushing that junk out with 12 cups of water.

Let's see what else...I'm really hoping to get to the beach this weekend, and it is the local arts & crafts festival. Should pan out to be a really nice summer weekend!
  • cazzincali
    Options
    Cazz - I saw that cheer scrapbook you posted on you FB...I LOVE IT! The stitching, the embellishments, the poskets, the glitter...*sigh*. It is wonderful. That's a paper bag book, isn't it? It is too cute. You actually inspired me to make an 8x8 scrabook as a baby gift for a friend of mine. I worked in a scrabpooking store for 5 years and after a 4 year break, just started back up working there. Do you have a tutorial somewhere on how to make that lunch bag album? I need to try my hand at that.

Pink: I have been scrapbooking for about 15 years. Since before you could get cool products to do it!! The Cheer scrapbook was for a good friend's daughter. I will admit that "sparkly" isn't my style! I am not at all into the glitter! However, Grace is! Glad you liked it - hope she does too!! :bigsmile: And yes, it is an 8x8 paper bag album. :happy: I like them for gifts because they are small enough, yet big enough... ya know? Nope, no tutorial on the paper bag album, sorry. But they are REALLY easy. I actually buy the bags pre-punched and pre-folded/ironed off of eBay. Seller's name is SHMIZZ. You can get them in colors or plain brown. She sells them pre-sewn as well. I sew my own together, though, because I like to make them with 5 bags and most people only use 4. (Used 6 in the Cheer album!) I used to make them and sell them, but the fun was lost when I did that... so I don't do it anymore.

There is NO WAY I could EVER work in a SB store! My entire paycheck would be spent right back there!! It's an addiction, I know. :tongue:

And YES! Water weight SUCKS! Nasty sodium!! I am positive it was water weight I gained over last weekend because it is all gone but 0.2# now. :bigsmile: Thing is... I leave on vacation on the 16th (less than 2 weeks - YAY!) I am going to do my best to stay active and NOT gain a ton of weight!! I know I will be drinking though... it's something I almost never do - except when on vacation - alone! I always tell people my kids could count on one hand how many times they've seen me drink... and my oldest is 29... so I obviously don't drink much!! meh... I plan on having a good time and dealing with what happens upon my return to "the real world"! :laugh:
  • Nikstergirl
    Options
    So I made the best of a bad situation and biked to work today! It was forecasted to be 80 degrees and sunny, so why not! It went really smoothly. I live uphill from town (not major incline, just a nice slope) so getting there was pretty nice... getting home was a little tougher, but nothing I can't handle. I don't bike a lot, but it made me happy to see how much stronger I am overall! Hubby ended up getting his car fixed for $200, which isn't bad, but mine won't be done until at least Monday. Stinks, but at least we have one car. My biggest fear was that I would be stranded and couldn't make it to my 5k tomorrow!!!! It's nearly an hour away... so no way to bike that far! I'll drive my hubby's car to my sister's house (about half way) and she'll drive from there. That way I don't waste too much gas and we can stick together. This is her first 5k, just finished the C25K program, and I'm so freaking proud of her! I'm hoping for a PB, as my last 5k in October was just over 36 minutes. Pushing for 30, but we'll see!!!!

Anyway, hope you all have great weather and great workouts this weekend! I'll be starting to train for my first half marathon on Tuesday... this could get interesting!

Oh, and Linda, I've heard of Dr. Gundersen, but never met him... Truly it's a small world!

Pink... you need to come to Michigan to understand it's beauty. Come in summer if you like warm breezes and cool lakes, always tons to do, or in winter if you like snow and skiing and all that other fun winter stuff!!! Spring is beautiful when all the flowers are in bloom and fall is awesome with the changing leaves!!!! There's always a million things to do here and I love it, but if I could live anywhere else, it would be San Diego... not only do I have family there, it's just amazingly beautiful as well!!!!
  • Nikstergirl
    Options
    Ok, on a totally different note... I weighed in today (forgot to yesterday) and didn't lose which is fine (no gain either). So I went to the spreadsheet that you lovely ladies made and it's just amazing. I put in my weight, which was the same as last week and noticed that in six weeks, I've lost 6 pounds. I lost three, then nothing, then one, then nothing, then two, now nothing. Obviously that's just how my body works!!! Overall, I'm thrilled with averaging a pound a week, as we all should be, but I know some people get discouraged when the scale moves slowly. I just want to thank you for making this visual thing, because I was almost down on myself about it, but when I see that in six weeks I've lost six pounds, I am just thrilled!!!! Sure puts me in a great frame of mind as I continue... can't wait to see how much I lose next week!!!! Should be at least one if the trend continues! Plus, I'm never that upset during TOM which was this week... it's all good!

So thank you for the reminder that I am changing. This really lifted my spirits tonight!!!!
  • nursee67
    Options
    So I made the best of a bad situation and biked to work today! It was forecasted to be 80 degrees and sunny, so why not! It went really smoothly. I live uphill from town (not major incline, just a nice slope) so getting there was pretty nice... getting home was a little tougher, but nothing I can't handle. I don't bike a lot, but it made me happy to see how much stronger I am overall! Hubby ended up getting his car fixed for $200, which isn't bad, but mine won't be done until at least Monday. Stinks, but at least we have one car. My biggest fear was that I would be stranded and couldn't make it to my 5k tomorrow!!!! It's nearly an hour away... so no way to bike that far! I'll drive my hubby's car to my sister's house (about half way) and she'll drive from there. That way I don't waste too much gas and we can stick together. This is her first 5k, just finished the C25K program, and I'm so freaking proud of her! I'm hoping for a PB, as my last 5k in October was just over 36 minutes. Pushing for 30, but we'll see!!!!

Anyway, hope you all have great weather and great workouts this weekend! I'll be starting to train for my first half marathon on Tuesday... this could get interesting!

Oh, and Linda, I've heard of Dr. Gundersen, but never met him... Truly it's a small world!

Pink... you need to come to Michigan to understand it's beauty. Come in summer if you like warm breezes and cool lakes, always tons to do, or in winter if you like snow and skiing and all that other fun winter stuff!!! Spring is beautiful when all the flowers are in bloom and fall is awesome with the changing leaves!!!! There's always a million things to do here and I love it, but if I could live anywhere else, it would be San Diego... not only do I have family there, it's just amazingly beautiful as well!!!!

Good luck on that 5K tomorrow. I am doing a walking 5K for the Medical clinic in town tomorrow. Supposed to be a beautiful day.
  • AprilVal
    AprilVal Posts: 940 Member
    Options
    Happy Friday, i hope everyone is doing well... I just thought i would check in. I did a little bit of cleaning after work. Today while i was working, i did some thinking. i think im going to start minimizing my time online. I spend way too much time on the computer. Gonna do x amount of time for facebook x amount of time for myfitnesspals, x amount of time of photo editing.. and the rest im going to become active. I need to start somewhat planning out my days ya know. i worked on my day off to help make up for time i missed while i was off for my back. Which is much better. i am still pondering on a certain friendshpi right now, i dont know where i want it to go. So many things going through my mind. Makes me wonder if its worth it all. Heres too getting back on track. i was on the go at lunch time, so i stopped at wendys and got kids meal, and had apples instead of fries.. and got an apple juice instead of a pop. :) Ive been 2 days without pop.. woo hoo.. i usually feel better once i start staying away from junk. :)
  • Nikstergirl
    Options
    April, that's a great start on the food choices, and I totally commend you for getting up off the computer!!! I should be limiting my time too and I think with the weather starting to change and the training for the HM coming up, I'm sure I'll be here less and on my feet more!!

Had my 5k this morning and it went great! I was pushing to come in under my last 5k time (which was 36:37) and hoping for 30 minutes.... guess what??? I came in at 29:35!!!!! Yay! My sister ran it and it was her first and she finished in 39:52 and I'm so super proud of her!!!! We came in 12th and 18th out of the 23 women in our age group and were both happy with that.

So I'll start my half marathon training on Tuesday, but most likely I'll either walk or run or whatever and strength train tomorrow. Running 3.1 miles on my "long run" day seemed so strange today!!! Like I should have kept going!!!!!

Hope you're all having a great weekend... I need a nap now! That 5:30 wake up call for the race was a bit much!!!!
  • AprilVal
    AprilVal Posts: 940 Member
    Options
    Im on quickly before work. I have a photo shoot later.. then Ill work on getting week 7 & 8 together for you ladies.. :) have a great sunday..
  • cazzincali
    Options
    I have gotten rid of SO many clothes and shoes in the past month... my closet is becoming empty. I am too cheap to go out and buy a bunch of new clothes since I am still losing weight. I have been buying 2 new pair of jeans every time I go down a size and make sure to get the old (big) size out of my closet! But the thing that has kind of snuck up on me... my t-shirts and other tops. It took longer to lose up there (around my back and middle). I went through my closet last night, trying on tops I haven't worn in... forever! The ones that were too big on me... went in the "donate" box. But I had smaller ones that FINALLY fit again! YAY!

But I need clothes for my vacation!! :bigsmile: Not ready to wear shorts yet... I have Man Legs! They are really big and muscular - I think from all those years as a gymnast when I was young. :ohwell: I bought a bunch of tank tops at Target, because they were cheap! :happy: Going to go out and buy a new pair of sneakers today because the ones I have are too wide! :smile: Since I wear them for work, I don't mind spending the $150. I also plan to buy some new yoga pants (I wear those instead of scrub pants at work!) The ones I have are literally falling off me!

Anyways... I am feeling great about all of this!! :bigsmile:

Thanks again, ladies, for all your support! This group helps me so much. You all inspire me to be the best "me" I can be!! :bigsmile:

Back to the gym and the Slave Driver tomoz! Been out of the gym for over a week! YIKES!
  • nursee67
    Options
    Nice going cazz! Have fun shopping!
  • Nikstergirl
    Options
    I usually workout on Sunday afternoons at the gym, it's pretty quiet and I can get a good session in on the weights. Today, it was so beautiful out and I decided to run up there. It's about 1.5 miles from home, so not too bad, but since I only did the 5k yesterday instead of my usual long run, it felt like I hadn't ran enough this weekend!!! Crazy, I know. So I did about 30 minutes on abs and arms and shoulders and then ran home! Awesome.

Hope you're all having a great weekend! Cazz... have fun shopping!!!! It's hard for me too to spend money when I'm not done yet, but I refuse to hide behind all those huge clothes anymore!!!