New to myfitnesspal...but not to fitness!

Options
Hello everyone! I recently joined myfitnesspal after seeing one of my friends activity posts on facebook. I downloaded the app to my blackberry yesterday and wow....who knew counting calories and logging exercise could be so much fun! :)

I have always been a fitness fanatic and it seems to run in my family. My dad runs 3-5 miles a day, my uncle runs 5+ miles a day and me...well.....I run about 3-5 miles a week. Cardio has always seemed like a burden to me, so I decided to shift my attention to weight lifting. Two years ago, I began working out with a personal trainer 3-5 times a week. Luckily, I have never been overweight and my goal was to just tone up. I became SO motivated and fitness crazed that I decided to set a goal...a crazy one at that. While other women in my gym were bulking/leaning up for body building shows....I was preparing to compete in my schools bench press contest! I trained constantly and when contest day came around....I maxed out at 140 lbs. for three reps! It felt amazing!

SInce then, I started a new job (sales rep) that is not very gym friendly. In fact, I have not lifted weights in almost 6 months. My musle has turned to mush and my motivation level is less than impressive.

HOWEVER....with this new tool and the support from you guys, I will be back on the fitness train in no time!!!! Be my inspiration, send me some friend requests and LETS DO THIS!

Replies