Polar HRM question

Options
I just received a Polar FT7 heart rate monitor, and am planning to use it today! Do I wear the strap above my shirt or on my skin? I swim and also run... so this question applies to tee shirts/tank tops and swimsuits.

Could anyone help me out?

Replies

• ecmcnamee
    ecmcnamee Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    I believe you wear it next to your skin .. that's where I wear mine.
  • MissAnjy
    MissAnjy Posts: 2,480 Member
    Options
    the electrodes need to be on your skin. Make sure you wet the strap first and put it tightly against your skin.
  • JustMichelleB
    JustMichelleB Posts: 290
    Options
    directly on your skin. won't work otherwise (The contacts on the strap need to touch skin to pickup your heartrate).
  • mlemonroe2
    mlemonroe2 Posts: 603
    Options
    under your shirt! i have the ft4 and i love it! have fun
  • gtm124
    gtm124 Posts: 179
    Options
    I just received a Polar FT7 heart rate monitor, and am planning to use it today! Do I wear the strap above my shirt or on my skin? I swim and also run... so this question applies to tee shirts/tank tops and swimsuits.

Could anyone help me out?

Good responses- electrodes need to be damp and against the skin. Also, don't push on the buttons while in the water. You can wear it while swimming, but start it before entering the water and wait until you get out before pushing any buttons.
  • Kanzaki3
    Kanzaki3 Posts: 656 Member
    Options
    I have a Polar FT7 too. I use it against my skin and add a little bit of water on it.
  • rgoodearl
    rgoodearl Posts: 360 Member
    Options
    directly on the skin