Does it work without exercise??

Options
2»

Replies

• fitcrew
    fitcrew Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    I have been bed ridden with a herniated disc since I started MFP and have lost two lbs :)
  • cindy4mica
    cindy4mica Posts: 777 Member
    Options
    i've done it without exercise up until just last week and yes, i've lost weight (the first being baby weight, but it's weight nonetheless). my weight loss has come to a halt & i think it's because i'm not exercising. i've started to use the treadmill and i'm hoping to "jumpstart" the loss again. of course, adding exercise to your routine is much healthier, but it can be done without.
  • TriumphNow
    TriumphNow Posts: 526 Member
    Options
    Exercising builds muscle, which increases your metabolism. While you can lose weight just watching your calories, there are so many benefits from exercise. I hope you find what works for you :)
  • kklindsey
    kklindsey Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    I lost the first 120lbs of my 160lbs without exercise. Yes, you can do it. I was too heavy to exercise comfortably and just didn't want to. I will aslo tell you a secret. You can start out with as litle exercise as you want. I did 10 minutes of walking 3 times a day. When I got tired of doing it 3 times. I did 20 minutes and 10 minutes. then eventually i grouped it to 30 minutes all at once. I branced out from there and started lifting weights, etc. Now I workout 5 days a week, sometimes more and I really enjoy it. so start out as small as you want, no amont of exercise is uesless.
  • mphlab
    mphlab Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    I had a stroke - am partially paralyzed & walk with a cane and I lost 23.5 pounds so far only on dieting. It can be done - walking a block is difficult for me and I still did it! I do not know if it will get harder when I am closer to goal but it you don't want to or cannot exercise, please don't be discouraged- you can do it!