OMG!!!

Did you know that there is 1,460 calories in Cajun chicken pasta at Chiles!!!! I was out with my mom for lunch after a doctor's appointment and I ordered that thinking I would only eat half and it would be okay. Well, I did only eat half but then just a few minutes ago after getting home from shopping I was hungry and ate the other half and then looked it up.... AND AHHH! luckily for breakfast I just had a bowl of healthy cereal, but I still have a Christmas party to go to tonight:noway:

Replies

• Did you know that there is 1,460 calories in Cajun chicken pasta at Chiles!!!! I was out with my mom for lunch after a doctor's appointment and I ordered that thinking I would only eat half and it would be okay. Well, I did only eat half but then just a few minutes ago after getting home from shopping I was hungry and ate the other half and then looked it up.... AND AHHH! luckily for breakfast I just had a bowl of healthy cereal, but I still have a Christmas party to go to tonight:noway:
  • kistinbee
    kistinbee Posts: 3,688 Member
    Yeah...sometimes the things you think aren't so bad are the worst for ya! But, it's okay. You aren't ALWAYS going to be able to stick to your allotted calories every single day. Things happen and it's really okay. But it is a shocker, isn't it?! Anyways, don't fret! Have fun at your party tonight and work extra hard tomorrow!!:bigsmile:
    *kistinbee*
  • Paeonia
    Paeonia Posts: 161
    Hmm make sure to get in your exercise for today to help battle the calorie cost. How many do you get a day? For me, a 1460 meal is more than I'm allowed for the entire day, damn you Chiles! Restaurants are so deadly...the other week my husband and I went to Jack in the Box (naughty)...he got the Sirloin Cheeseburger + medium curly fries...total cost: 1469 cals / 93.5g fat :noway: I got the Chicken Fajita Pita + small curly fries...total cost: 554 cals / 24g fat. It really makes a big difference what choices you make when you go out...if I hadn't gotten the curly fries, the fat and cals would be half that :blushing: Fries are so naughty.
  • I hate going out thinking I am being good and getting a salad and then see the calories and fat grams hell I could eat what I really want and eat the same amount of calories. I am trying not to eat out very much. It just makes me crazy!!!:tongue:
  • Paeonia
    Paeonia Posts: 161
    Yeah with the salads, its the dressing that's a big big killer :sick:
  • Loretta_Jo
    Loretta_Jo Posts: 609 Member
    In the salads it isn’t only the dressing. There are a lot of hidden calories in salads. In the past I looked some of them up and they had more calories then other items on the menus. I would have done better to just have something other then the salad.
    Salad is a good choice as long as you can pick and choose for what you have on it and put it there yourself.
    It sometimes seems that the restaurants are doing there ever loving best to make us as heavy as they can. Then they turn around and act like they had no idea how many calories are in their food and just can’t tell us what we are eating.
    We only eat out once a week. That day is Friday. My husband’s TOPS chapter weighs in on Thursday evening and my chapter weighs in on Friday mornings. So when he gets off work Friday we go out that evening. Then we are really good the rest of the week. Going out that one time a week helps me stay on track. That and just knowing that I HAVE to face those scales Friday morning.
    :flowerforyou: