How often do you weight in?

Options
noxx27
noxx27 Posts: 18 Member
I was wondering how often others weight is I was doing it 2 times a week, I realized quickly that daily I fluxes are to much but every couple days or weekly seem more productive. Just wanted some feedback, thanks.

Replies

• caitlinclock
    caitlinclock Posts: 528 Member
    Options
    Once a week.
    I've been known to peek a couple times per week, though.
  • kdet07
    kdet07 Posts: 117
    Options
    I record my weight once a week, but I have been known to weigh myself daily "just to see". But you're right, the daily fluctuations are too much to keep up with, that's why I only record once per week
  • Summerleahd
    Summerleahd Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    One a week. But I'm about to start one a month. It's too obsessive. So I'm gonna get hubby to put the scale in the trunk of his car
  • lysa4
    lysa4 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I've always heard the rule of thumb is once a week......me, every morning around the same time, just so I can stay focused! :)
  • stormieweather
    stormieweather Posts: 2,549 Member
    Options
    Every day. I graph my deficit and my weight.
  • pixieval
    pixieval Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself every morning, but only record it a couple days a week.
    I like to weigh myself every morning because if I go up even an ounce or 2, I look at yesterday and see what I did. Did I eat an extra piece of chocolate? did I have to much sodium?
  • KeyMasterOfGozer
    KeyMasterOfGozer Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    I weigh in every day after I wake up. The only trick is, you have to plot the data points out, so you can see fluctuations and the over all trends, or else it will drive you nuts.
  • SNorris01
    SNorris01 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    You can weigh yourself as often as you want, but remember daily flux can happen. Your true weight should be once a week same time of day then record it. I do mine on Wed. mornings before eating anything.
  • pittielover23
    pittielover23 Posts: 268
    Options
    I probably weight myself 3 or 4 times a week, but my official weigh in is once a week, Saturday morning.
  • Goal_Seeker_1988
    Goal_Seeker_1988 Posts: 1,619 Member
    Options
    once sometimes twice a month.
  • epj78
    epj78 Posts: 643 Member
    Options
    I weigh everyday - but I only record it once a week on Wednesday. I find I have to weigh in everyday to keep myself honest, but others obsess over it so it doesn't work for them so there isn't a perfect answer, it's just finding what works for you.
  • Justcallmejenny
    Options
    Once a week, on tuesdays for me!
  • joamarelo
    joamarelo Posts: 161
    Options
    Once a week!!! ;)
  • melsinct
    melsinct Posts: 3,512 Member
    Options
    Daily but I usually miss one or two days a week. I am a data/chart nerd, so I like to see how it fluctuates daily. I can do this because I am psychologically fine with the daily fluctuations and don't obsess. I travel via plane every couple of weeks for work with no scale access and it isn't a big deal.
  • ACLAIBORNE1982
    Options
    I just working out and lost 9lbs in the first 12days. :tongue: I would check the scale every time I went to the gym, which as almost every other day. I have been into my work out retuine for about 3weeks now. I havent lost any more weight since day 12 :sad: . I had to stop weighing my self like that because it was discouraging me, so now I'll just do it once a month.
  • strawberry1969
    strawberry1969 Posts: 1,476 Member
    Options
    i weigh in every monday morning
  • gsudd123
    gsudd123 Posts: 5
    Options
    I weigh in after one week on Sundays.
  • Giggles27
    Giggles27 Posts: 139
    Options
    I weigh myself a few times a wk but only record once a Week on Fridays...
  • ahadj
    ahadj Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself every day and only record once a week. Some people say that if they get on the scale every day they become obsessive, but for me it's the opposite. When I have to wait an entire week to see my progress, I am so nervous that I think about it all the time ("how much will I lose?!") I literally can't sleep the night before weigh-in. And if I don't lose as much as I expect, it's a serious let-down.
  • golferd
    golferd Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    At least 5 times a day. My weight is 210-214 no matter what I eat, good or bad. How much I drink, I am stuck in this range. Does it change my mood, yes and no. Yes, only to the extent I have not lost anymore weight for weeks. No, as I understand my flucuations between the above weight. However, if I thought I had a great couple of weeks or a month, and it was still the same. That would be more frustrating. So, I consider I am managing the expectations. Works for me, but most could not do it.

I log only a new low.

I have even increased my net calories by over a net 1000 calories. I am sometimes amazed because I will consume 2lbs of food during the day, and still in the same range.