Caffeine?

Options
Does anyone know the benefits of NOT drinking caffeine? I only drink one cup of coffee in the morning - but wondering if I should give it up completely for a healthier "new" me :)

Replies

• alyssa92982
    alyssa92982 Posts: 1,093 Member
    Options
    Love to see the answer on this 1-as I drink 4 cups a day due to 3rd shift
  • Grimmerick
    Grimmerick Posts: 3,342 Member
    Options
    Coffee is not bad for you, a cup or 2 a day is fine. It's high in antioxidants and studies have shown it helps with alzheimer's, dementia, and believe it or not parkinsons. So Enjoy your cup of joe. The only benefit I know of is that your teeth don't get stained as quickly
  • herwholejourney
    herwholejourney Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    I've heard that drinking a cup of coffee a day is good for you...
  • lisamoultrie
    Options
    I switched to decaf coffee ... but only because I was having up to 6 cups a day. Decaf still has the flavour but not as bad for you
  • kimmerroze
    kimmerroze Posts: 1,330 Member
    Options
    Benefits of not drinking caffeine:

Caffeine is addictive

Caffeine withdrawls give you headaches

It makes you shake

It has been known to cause permanent shakes the older you get. (doctor told my grandparents this)

Caffeine artificially speeds up your metabolism. which in turn makes your body not do it itself as effeciently.
  • Doodle12
    Doodle12 Posts: 1
    Options
    The caffeine in the coffee helps you power through a workout in the morning, or as most of us are familiar with, the rest of our hectic work day. As long as you don't drink too much, you should be fine
  • shellyvm
    shellyvm Posts: 4
    Options
    I've read that coffee has many health benefits and is packed with antioxidants. To make maximum use of the benefits of caffeine, It is said that the ideal cups of coffee for a woman per day is 3-no more, no less:)
  • cor1234
    cor1234 Posts: 6
    Options
    i would not give coffee up completely because it fights cancers such as breast cancer for woman.
  • cor1234
    cor1234 Posts: 6
    Options
    try teas. Green tea is really great. almond milk. also.
  • rorosaw
    rorosaw Posts: 360 Member
    Options
    My nutritionist says if you're going to drink coffee, make sure it's organic and not treated with chemicals. She'd rather I cut out the caffeine but the chances of that are slim to none :)
  • pip_roberts91
    pip_roberts91 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I have a coffee everyday but I was watching supersize vs superskinny the other day and they say thats its an appetite depressant, so that's good enough for me! Keeps me from snacking before lunch :)
  • BEERRUNNER
    BEERRUNNER Posts: 3,049 Member
    Options
    PLUS!!! The liver loves coffee! I read some where about a study that shows that coffee helps the liver recover and heal! SO Booze drinkers be sure to have your coffee on a daily basis!
  • fteale
    fteale Posts: 5,310 Member
    Options
    I switched to decaf coffee ... but only because I was having up to 6 cups a day. Decaf still has the flavour but not as bad for you

Interesting. My husband used to work in the industry and says decaffinated is worse for you as the process uses chemicals that are less than ideal.

The ONLY bad thing about caffeine is that it is addictive, which on it's own isn't a bad thing.