Does zig zagging work?

Options
2»

Replies

• lauristewart
    lauristewart Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    I am on my 3rd day of zig zagging and have lost 1 lb. This is what I am doing:

Saturday 1800 cal
    Sunday 1200
    Monday 1400
    Tuesday 1400
    Wednesday 1800
    Thursday 1200
    Friday 1400

I had been eating about 1400 cal a day, so Sunday was kind of a struggle for me. I am hoping this works! I want to lose about 10 lbs......I have heard great things about it and it does makes since. Like the others said, give it time for your body to adjust. Good luck!
  • Heatherbelle_87
    Heatherbelle_87 Posts: 1,078 Member
    Options
    I find consistency works better for me than zig-zagging. I try to keep my calories between 1200 and 1300 every day. If I hit a plateau I bump my calories up about 400 per day for a week and gain a couple of pounds. Then I drop them back down to 1200-1300 and the pounds I gained drop immediately plus a few more!

Good luck!

Techincally a form of zigzagging^^^^^

anytime you increase then decrease cals its a form of zig zagging. Everyone on here has a digfferent method for it that has done it
  • Msaip
    Msaip Posts: 482 Member
    Options
    so is there a site that anyone uses to figure out their calorie needs for zigzagging?
  • abcwhite10
    abcwhite10 Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    Yep - here is a calculator that I used

http://www.freedieting.com/tools/calorie_calculator.htm

At the bottom under the "results" there is a little arrow that says "zig zag 7 day calorie cycle" click and you got it!