WORK RANT

Options
Fat_Bottomed_Girl
Fat_Bottomed_Girl Posts: 354 Member
To my Boss: I work my a** off and go above and beyond for you on a regular basis so you don't hemorrhage your hard earned cash and actually see a RETURN. A simple "Thank You" and some SINCERE appreciation would go a LONG way. Your bottom line depends on it.

Sorry. I'm done. It just hasn't been a good Monday.

Replies

• Jade_Butterfly
    Jade_Butterfly Posts: 2,963 Member
    Options
    Hey it really helps to blow off steam once and a while! Hope your day gets better!:bigsmile:
  • cbratthauer
    cbratthauer Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    I hear ya! My lead hands off everything his supervisor gives him to me and the other girl in our department. Then runs back and tells his supervisor what a great job he did. He's supposed to take over part of my duties a month ago, still hasn't happened. It's to the point now we're about to go talk to his supervisor! I don't mind doing the work so long as I get the credit!
  • crazymama2two
    crazymama2two Posts: 867
    Options
    UGH - i hear you on that one. when i worked in the office i used to work for lawyers...yup, enough said :)
  • crazymama2two
    Options
    UGH - i hear you on that one. when i worked in the office i used to work for lawyers...yup, enough said :)
  • crazymama2two
    Options
  • Tiggerrick
    Tiggerrick Posts: 1,078 Member
    Options
    Try working for the State. The motto seems to be Pass the buck, pass the blame. Find someones else's hard work, take the credit.
  • curvygirl512
    curvygirl512 Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    Try working for the State. The motto seems to be Pass the buck, pass the blame. Find someones else's hard work, take the credit.

Yep, same here. The state is so big that even if my boss appreciates me, and I go way beyond expectations, someone else will take credit for my work, and a dozen others will criticize it. Oh yeah, and wage freezes *again* this year.

Still do your best work, and try to turn a deaf ear to the criticism. It's hard, but like my mama says, "This too shall pass."
  • TDGee
    TDGee Posts: 2,209 Member
    Options
    For what it's worth, Thank you all for your hard work and dedication to your careers, it DOES make a difference that you work so hard.
    I used to be a middle manager, and I fully know and appreciate a good team's worth. People don't hear thank you often enough, or believe that something so simple could make a difference in someone's day. I believe it does.
  • Fat_Bottomed_Girl
    Fat_Bottomed_Girl Posts: 354 Member
    Options
    Oh, thanks peeps-didn't realize I had all these responses. Facebook this is not, huh? :)

I'm not the type that needs "credit", but when I have to pull strings (and a LOT of them at once) BACK OFF on the URGENCY, that's all I have to say. I am doing you FAVORS, and favors that will benefit you WELL. Don't make me get out the scissors!

-On another note, it wasn't very professional of me to go off like that (and it would NEVER happen on FB, lol) but I just NEEDED to vent. Not really the proper venue, but it made me wanna EAT! (and EAT, I did...) Thanks for hearing me out! :)