SICK of Being FAT

anna_lisa
anna_lisa Posts: 486 Member
edited September 27 in Introduce Yourself
I am a mom of two (8 and 2) and a full time student. Getting Ready to apply to Grad School. 10 years ago I lost 125 lbs through diet and exercise, So I have done this before. I maintained my previous weight loss for 8 years. I think when you have been overweight and then gain weight back if feels especially upsetting and daunting. I am comfortable and happy at a size 5/6 at 145-150 lbs (I am 5'2"). I am a typical pear shape. I lost almost all my baby weight from my two year old and only had about15 lbs to go and then went back to school. I think with the stress and sitting/studying and convient unhealthy food I gained 35 - 40 lbs and would now like to lose at least 50lbs. It is hard to find the time and harder as I have gotten older to lose weight, but I am sick of being fat. Fof a long time when I was thin and had lost the weight before I always mentally thought I was a lot bigger than I was and would hear all the time you are so tiny. I remeber thinking, are you talking to me? Now since I have gained weight, I have the opposite problem. I think I am smaller than I am and it is really hitting home. I don't have tons of time to focus on losing weight but have to do something. I won't even buy clothes at my current size and always buy at a smaller size because I refuse to resign to my current size. I am currently a size 12 /14. So cheesy but I am getting older and I used to feel attractive, sexy. I want to feel that agian.

I have also come to realize support from a community could be very helpful. I recently had a friend lose alot of weight and found very motivating watching her progress through other multi media social network site.

Replies

• paigele
    paigele Posts: 123 Member
    Analisa,
    I gained a lot of weight when I started back to school as well. Regular sleep patterns are SO hard to keep. If you can just try to manage as close to 7 1/2-8 hours of sleep average you will find yourself in better control of the weight battle.
    I wish you well and know that this is an achievable goal. Hang in there. You can do it. :)
  • alynnbennett
    alynnbennett Posts: 182
    Best of luck to you! Feel free to add me for support. You can do this, you have the drive and motivation and now all you need is to stick with it!!!
  • anna_lisa
    Thanks so much for the motivation. I know it will be helpful. I definitely think the irregular sleep has contributed. I have a mini goal of just 10lb lbs for now. Thanks again for the encouragement.
  • Newkell
    Newkell Posts: 379 Member
    You did it before and you can do it again! stay motivated :)
  • Losing2Live69
    Losing2Live69 Posts: 743 Member
    What is your starting weight?
  • TTHdred
    TTHdred Posts: 380 Member
    I am with you! Will send a friend request. I know that feeling of thinking you are smaller than you are. Esp becasue I used to be much smaller. This site is great! I think you will llike the folks here.
  • I am comfortable and happy at a size 5/6 at 145-150 lbs (I am 5'2").

well i think your not fat at all, if your goal is 10lbs just change your diet a little eat more healthy foods and count your calories you will not have any issues losing 10lbs and will feel great and will feel more confidence about self. good luck
  • anna_lisa
    Right now my current weight is 204. UGH I hate to even type it....
  • anna_lisa
    LOL that is my MINI goal. My over all goal is 50 lbs.....
  • just keep small goals of 10lbs at the time you will be there in no time. This is a start for you me both lets do this. we are on the wright pad by just being here.
  • I FEEL YOU SISTER! I had lost 30 lbs doing weight watchers about 7 years ago and maintained that wieght until about 1 year ago and I gained it all back :(

I have been tring like crazy to lose the 30lbs I've gained back but it is hard!!! I want to wear my old clothes again... My husband has helped me get motivated and I have lost roughly 5lbs over the coarse of 2 months, but it has been slow going. I am hoping that with the help of Fitness Pal I can stay on track!
  • anna_lisa
    that is what I did in the past. Set small goals and that always worked. Just alot harder now and I think support with people in the same boat will help. Also frusturating my husband is 6'4" and he has a metabolism that is awesome he can flucuate in weight and can't even tell. I have felt lately like the poem from my childhood. "Jack Sprat could eat no fat, his wife could eat no lean" The illustration was of this tall skinny beanpole and this little round tomato lady. Cause I am so short. But thanks for the encouragement. and the same to you. :-)
  • My goal is to be the weight I am in my profile pic.... 30lbs thinner
  • anna_lisa
    It is tough when it goes slow. In the past I have lost weight easily. But keep it up. I am sure you will meet your goal again
  • anna_lisa
    I also posted pics in my profile of myself before I gained my weight back. Along with a couple of current pics of myself.... My previous pics are my goal as well.......I don't even have alot of current pics of myself cause I really dislike the way I look. But it is time for a change
  • Sueboo31
    Sueboo31 Posts: 128
    I was at just about the same start weight back in March. I know how you feel. I felt so misreable. I've lost 13 so far and already feel so much better. It has been frustrating because it doesn't come off as fast as it used to but I am trying to stick with it.
    I'm sure it's hard with school and two kids but at least you are on here talking about it so that's a start. Just do the best you can. Try to make healthier food choices and try to squeeze in some exercise, even playing outside with your kids will help you burn some calories. :)
    And I agree, small goals are the way to go!
This discussion has been closed.