Question for the ladies.

Options
I am the process of losing weight, as we all are, but I am curious as to one aspect of weight loss. I currently weigh 170lbs and I am 5'9. My goal weight is 150. How much will my bra size change with the weight loss? I know that it will change somewhat, but is there anything that I can do to prevent this from happening? After I finished nursing my son I was blessed to stay the same size, along with some extra weight too. My concern is that I will lose my C cup and go down to a B. Thanks for the advice and help.

Replies

• sculley
    sculley Posts: 2,012 Member
    Options
    FOr me unfortunately my bra size is the first to shrink :(:mad:
  • Chiquita_Banana
    Options
    i dont think there's any specific rule of thumb... the body will do what it wants to... i've seen people shrink, some people stay the same... luckily i stayed lol... i do do pushups though i think that helps with the chest n lifts up the girls =P
  • denise980
    denise980 Posts: 296
    Options
    FOr me unfortunately my bra size is the first to shrink :(:mad:

Oh no! I don't want to go back to an A cup!!!!!!!!!!! NOOOOOOOOOO! LOL.... But seriously, I really don't
  • albali
    albali Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    I think this totally depends on your body, where you store fat and just where you lose it first! For me it is always the boobs that lose first! My tummy looks hardly any different but my chest is smaller. That's after a 5lb loss!! Sorry honey.. nothing you can do if you are like me! Fingers crossed you are different to me and see your loss somewhere else.
  • livlinde
    livlinde Posts: 39
    Options
    I guess I'm not too sure about bra size shrinkage... that seems to vary from woman to woman.

But I think that even a size B is great! This is from someone who was stuck at size almost-A for years past puberty.... :P
  • wysmom2000
    wysmom2000 Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    Funny how timely this question is because I was just discussing this same thing with my friend here at work. I started at 38D about 8 months ago and I am feeling like my bras are getting very loose. So I measured like you would for a fitting and the chart said I would be a 36A. Yikes! I've only lost 18 lbs total...must have been all up top :)
  • hbrekkaas
    hbrekkaas Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    It varies from woman to woman. I am pretty small up there to begin with and I lose it all once i lose the weight, its the first thing to go. I go from a B36 down to a B34, and I think I actually could have gone a size smaller last time. Not sure what I'lle nd up at this time around, I have to lose all the baby weight first.
  • rachelhohenbrink
    rachelhohenbrink Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    Most people always lose weight in the breasts if you are losing because breasts are fatty tissue. Have you ever noticed that thin women usually have small breasts?
  • britnae3
    britnae3 Posts: 2
    Options
    Actually I am probably the only one here who is excited that my bra size is shrinking, I can almost fit in a DDD now.lol My bra size before starting losing was an F! My start weight was 277 and now I'm down to 250 and counting!
  • HaleyAlli
    HaleyAlli Posts: 911 Member
    Options
    Just hope you're not like me; when I lose weight it's like letting the air out of balloons haha XD Bye bye boobs!

Definitely do chest exercises though, that seems to be helping me a little bit :smile:
  • frugalmomsrock
    frugalmomsrock Posts: 1,123
    Options
    I have lost about 25 pounds so far, and I've already lost 5 inches from my bust. The last time I had major weight loss (I went from 175 to 133), I went from a 40D down to a 34B/C depending on the make. :-/
  • WifeMomDVM
    WifeMomDVM Posts: 1,025 Member
    Options
    As others have said, it will depend on how much of your breasts are made up of breast/mammary tissue and how much is fat. Mine went from a small B to near flat. (nothing some gel bras and creative inserts can't hide though!)
  • Angela_MA
    Angela_MA Posts: 260
    Options
    Everyone is different. I have lost 2 cup sizes since starting; from a 38DD to a 36C and I still have 30 pounds to lose.
    Now on the other hand my friend has kept her DD's and lost most of her weight in her waist and hips. She has always had large breasts even when we were younger, so that is just her body type.
    There are different factors that come into losing weight and where. Usually trainers and professionals say the last areas to gain will be the first to go. It also has to do with your body. So it may or it may not! Sorry I could not give yo the answer you were hoping for!
  • pftjill
    pftjill Posts: 488
    Options
    Everyone is different. That being said. I go back to my small size every time. It is funny I hate breast feeding only because I hate when my boobs are bigger and they aren't even that big when I am doing it, but they are bigger than I am use to. I am breast feeding right now. I like having a small chest-I don't know why, I just do. There is no keeping anything on by shear will. It would be nice to be able to squeeze fat from the bottom to the top-haha. Hopefully you will keep, but most likely you won't:(!!
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    It's possible that your bustline could shrink since breasts contain a lot of fat. You can do weight lifting specific for your pectoral muscles to try and lessen the appearance by keeping things firm.
  • Karleyyy
    Karleyyy Posts: 857
    Options
    I have gone from and F cup to DD so far. This feels small to me..lmao.
  • Xaspar
    Xaspar Posts: 726 Member
    Options
    I remember reading an article once about this where a trainer had been asked what exercises could be done to help keep breasts appearing firmer, perkier, and fuller as weight was lost. He applauded the question because APPEARANCE is the only way to slow down these processes. By firming the muscles underneath the aforementioned areas and focusing on core strength and slimming/toning as a whole, while the size may change, if the overall fitness changes along with it, the end result may still be pretty pleasing to the eye (and your SO)... LOL

If I can find the article again, I will post it.

Edit: here is one of the articles but not the one I had originally referenced ... I'll keep looking for that one:
    http://www.ivillage.com/3-exercises-make-your-bust-bigger/4-n-126117
  • tdjones00
    tdjones00 Posts: 68
    Options
    Funny how timely this question is because I was just discussing this same thing with my friend here at work. I started at 38D about 8 months ago and I am feeling like my bras are getting very loose. So I measured like you would for a fitting and the chart said I would be a 36A. Yikes! I've only lost 18 lbs total...must have been all up top :)

This scares me, but most of my fat tissue is in my belly. Thanks for all of the help and advice everyone and I will keep reading as it comes in.
  • Atlantique
    Atlantique Posts: 2,484 Member
    Options
    I am the process of losing weight, as we all are, but I am curious as to one aspect of weight loss. I currently weigh 170lbs and I am 5'9. My goal weight is 150. How much will my bra size change with the weight loss? I know that it will change somewhat, but is there anything that I can do to prevent this from happening? After I finished nursing my son I was blessed to stay the same size, along with some extra weight too. My concern is that I will lose my C cup and go down to a B. Thanks for the advice and help.

It really depends on your genetics. Different people let go of weight in different places first.

With 20 lbs, you will probably see some change. But keep in mind that as the rest of you gets thinner as well, your new, smaller bust will look proportional in most cases. I've lost 24 lbs and have lost 2 band sizes and 1 cup size, and my waist has gone down 6 inches. I'd look ridiculous if the 'twins' hadn't also gotten smaller!
  • l3ugjuice
    l3ugjuice Posts: 233
    Options
    I know that it will change somewhat, but is there anything that I can do to prevent this from happening?

yes. Implants.